Showing Ridden Hunters question ?

irishdraft

Visit site
Hi guys
I have a rising 4 year old pure ID who I think is quality enough to show in HW ridden/ working hunter classes next year, he has great movement and clean limbs but has a small flat sarcoid by his eye, would this be enough to knock showing classes on the head ? I only hunt so am not up with the finer points of showing.

measles

Visit site
It won't rule him out but if noticeable will spoil the picture a little. I had a livery who had a sarcoid near his eye and we treated it with Camrosa cream. The small sarcoid fell off and didn't grow again. Always check with your vet though before treating anything near an eye.

moodymare1987

Visit site
Just get out and have a go, To be honest at riding club level its wouldnt be a big deal. And if its small and near his eye most judges may possibly miss it as a lot look at the conformation and to see if any lumps and bumps on the legs.
I think you should go for it and post a piccie of your ID for us all to see :)

DollyDolls

Visit site
Really depends on level you're aiming for.

At unaff, it shouldn't make that much difference, at aff level you may be knocked back from the top spots & might find it hard to qualify.

Having said that, the rest of the confirmation and how well schooled may get you back up that order.

Meant to add, ask the vet on whether they can treat it & if any scaring will occur.

Also, good luck & enjoy getting out & about.

Last edited: