Showing societies - why are you sooo expensive ?? :(

dane07

Visit site
I have been looking at prices for various showing societies as I am looking at taking a mare on loan ..

she is part bred arab and has been doing interm SRT but as I am over 25 she will either be doing small hunter or small riding horse with me ( she is kind of in between)

to register with BSPS, BSHA, SHGB and the arab society is going to cost me close to £450 .. every year !!!!!!!!!!!!

how can they justify these prices ???? if anyone works for these societies please .. im intrigued as to where these costs get spent !!

not only that but the cost of entries on top .. and the difference from show to show for HOYS and RIHS classes could me as much as £20 !

apologies .. rant over but more us "amateurs / non producers" .. this is a LOT of money ..

Suziq77

Visit site
she is part bred arab and has been doing interm SRT but as I am over 25 she will either be doing small hunter or small riding horse with me ( she is kind of in between)

to register with BSPS, BSHA, SHGB and the arab society is going to cost me close to £450 .. every year !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I can help you cut that down a bit:

If you're over 25 then as you say, you can't do ISRT - so ditch the BSPS membership.

If you show a riding horse under BSHA rules you can't also show it as a hunter under SHGB rules - so you can ditch one or the other of those too.

But yes, the prices are a little eye watering!

mturnbull

Visit site
Its not only the showing world! If i want to compete at a competitive affiliated level every year I have a BSJA, BE and BD memeberships along with travelling/entries/stabling per competitions it sometimes gets a bit silly!