Showing the unregistered cob

EllieWarlow

Visit site
I was wondering if someone may be able to give me some advice? I know absolutely nothing about showing but would like to get into it, I have an unregistered sec d type mare with absolutely no breeding whatsoever (she was a rescue so have no idea where she came from) what sort of classes could I do, if any?
Thank you all in advance 😊

rara007

Visit site
Would she hog into a cob? Only a few Ds do but I know a couple. You’ll be limited to to riding club horse type classes and shows that allow unregistered ponies in the natives but most local shows you’ll still have an option :)

conniegirl

Visit site
some local shows have classes for unregistered M&M's.

Otherwise can you post a picture as it is much easier to tell what class to put her in if we have a picture.

mcnaughty

Visit site
Please don't hog your D type pony - there are three types of 'cob' the Welsh D, the gypsy cob and the show cob - all are completely different types and move in completely different ways. Quite frankly, if you are sure your pony looks just like a Welsh D but unfortunately does not have the passport to prove it you have two choices - you could either plait and trim up and enter in partbred classes or you could just enter her as a large M&M. At RC level, nobody is going to check your passport for their breeding! Please be aware though that a lot of the judging of a D is how they move by being a cross bred she is unlikely to have the flamboyant movement the judge will be looking for in a class especially in hand - however if you are doing ridden classes this is not so much of an issue.