Showing tips

rfoxy1

Visit site
Hi all could do with some help. I am going to take my 14.2 20 year old pony in a veteran class over the weekend and just wondered a couple of things regarding attire. Firstly I have black navy and a check tweed colour jacket- which would be the most appropriate for the class? I am going to plait up but have pulled her tail. Can I wear a flash on my bridle in the class or are they strict? Will be riding in a full cheek snaffle. Comments much appreciated

NaeNae87

Visit site
Not sure what the rules are like over in the UK - from memory they are a bit more traditional than over in Aus...

I would go for the tweed jacket.

I have used the flash on my bridle and a full cheek whenever I have shown and not had any problems. :)
Horse was plaited and had a pulled tail.

Gracie21

Visit site
Hi :)

You don't want to wear a black jacket, so either navy or tweed (this depends on what 'type' it is, what breed is she?)
Flashes aren't ideal but if she really needs one and is happiest in one then so be it. Full cheek snaffle is fine :)

MissSBird

Visit site
As Gracie21 said, it kind of depends on her type - by that I mean if she is a show pony type or a show hunter type.

If you can post a picture someone can advise you on that, but if you can't then she is most likely a show hunter type. In which case you want to show her in as plain tack as you can manage (no diamonte, no ribbony browbands). A snaffle bridle will be fine for local level. Ideally you wouldn't want to use a flash noseband, but if you really feel you cannot get away with it then use it. The judge may dock you a few points, but it would be better that than being out of control!

For yourself you would want to wear your tweed jacket, and remember showing is a shirt and tie, not a stock or a stock collar.

Hope that helps!