Showing

Jade2007

Visit site
I'm thinking about entering a couple of showing classes next weekend. I've never really done any so I need a bit of info on:

Working Hunter Horse/Pony
Ridden Horse/Pony
Ridden Veteran
In Hand Veteran

And which classes would you recommend for a 16 yr old Welsh C showjumper (he has a quite a lot of grey hairs and has harness scars across his back)?

Thanks
grin.gif

x

Drummer

Visit site
Is that chapelwood in your sig? Sorry being nosey!!!

Def give the workers a go if he jumps well. You will just go in and do your jumping round then the whole group (or just clears sometimes) get called back in. You ride around together on each rein in walk trot and canter then get called in in order of placing at that point, then you go out do your individual or judge rides then when you have all done that you strip the ponies present them to the judes and do your walk away then run up, then tack up again, go back out on the track and get called in again in the final order. You get your monies woth anyway lol

SSM

Visit site
Can you hide the scars with make-up - I use black non perm hair dye (turns a nice violet) then top up with Supreme black makeup.

IdoShowing

Visit site
Scars shouldn't mark you down because they are not a conformation fault - if you are on tied marks with another on without them though, it might be enough for the judge to pick the other horse. I'd go for the working hunter class if its a good jumper - good luck!!