Showing!!!!

parsley

Visit site
I have taken my daughter to a couple of shows over the last few months with a shetland and have always thought we were placed about right. However, I am amazed at how rude and thoughtless the judges can be.d The first one we went in the judge told me he really didn't like shetlands as he had a horrible one when he was a child and today I glanced over to the judge as were were starting to do a trot for our show, having walked away from the judge and she was looking at the other ponies and thats what she kept doing until we stopped in front of her again! I know she didn't look at us at all as I was so gobsmacked I kept my eye on her
blush.gif

As I say I am not moaning about where we are placed and my daughter has a lovely time and the pony seems to enjoy himself as well but why do the judges have to be so rude. Having spent hours cleaning everybody up, stood in the rain for ages and paid entry fees etc today I think the least the judge could do was watch for a minutue!
mad.gif

And thats my grumble for today!
grin.gif

Syrah

Visit site
It's a big bug bear of mine too. I've only seen it happen occasionally and luckily didn't happen to mine.

But a friend of mine entered a Ridden Coloured show and exactly the same thing that happened to your daughter, happened to her.

Grrrr

parsley

Visit site
I've just seen there is a gymkana near us soon so i think we will have a go at that - then it doesn't matter if the judge doesn't look
smirk.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
Dont let it put you off, its not often you see a nice shetty in a ridden class...so the judge should have been looking with plenty of interest, not the opposite.

Just the way it goes sometimes, keep smiling and stick at it and yeah give those bending races a bashing, you'll be at an advantage with a shetty!
grin.gif