showing?

SJ_06

Visit site
ok im a real showjumper and know absoloutley NOTHING about showing, but ive just got a lovely new 4 yr old horse who i think would do really well at it, his flat is amazing, hes so balenced and light on his feet. so i want to look into showing aswell as showjumping for now, but i dont know what showing class he would fit into? i have been told RC horse?

Here is some pics to give you an idea, hes a 4yr old 15.2 dutch warmblood.

>>click to make bigger <<

sorry bout my position (was cooling off)

so what do you think? all info appriciated! (sp?)
and i take it you have to register ect, Also want to know costs,classes, what shows there are, what you have to wear what tack and everything
smile.gif

sorry about spelling hehe.

thankies

Tempi

Visit site
middle weight hunter, or even light weight - how much bone does he have? if you are going to jump him then you could do some working hunters with him.

Hes too chunky to be in a riding horse class. V nicely put together tho, and very good looking.

For hunters you where a tie (dark colour - navy or maroon) tweed hacking jacket, beige jodphurs, long black boots and spurs if needed with a hat the colour of your tweed with a tan strap. Tack should be a double bridle with flat noseband/browband in brown with a brown GP saddle, no numnah and NO dressage saddles!! Pretty much the same for the workers except you can wear boots to jump in but have to take them off for the showing part.

PM me if you want to know anymore xx

Oaksflight

Visit site
I'd look into working hunters since he's a good jumper too. Then you're mixing it in with something you know both of you enjoy too.

SJ_06

Visit site
ahh thankyou, will talk to dad but i dont think hes going to be keen on buying a whole new set of tack eek! its a long wait till christmas
frown.gif

i will need more info before i like 'comitte' to it,ie good and bad bits, what shows, what they qualify for, how its run ect?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
will need more info before i like 'comitte' to it,ie good and bad bits, what shows, what they qualify for, how its run ect?

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got plenty of time - showing season just about to finish.

PM FMM she shows and is very succesful at the highest level, and will give you some fantastic advise.

SJ_06

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
WHP, SHP, Best turned out, the world is really your oyster, he is stunning by the way!

[/ QUOTE ]

thankyou! i like the sound of the lightweight/middleweight hunter classes atm, what do they involve ect?

SJ_06

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
will need more info before i like 'comitte' to it,ie good and bad bits, what shows, what they qualify for, how its run ect?

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got plenty of time - showing season just about to finish.

PM FMM she shows and is very succesful at the highest level, and will give you some fantastic advise.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok will do,
smile.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
Depends on whether you're planning on doing unaff. or aff. as to whether it's worth getting new tack. Mine has been show champion through working hunter a few times with normal flask bridle and a dutch gag at unaff level, so if you're just getting in to it wouldn't rush to spend a lot on new bridle etc.

SJ_06

Visit site
nah if i do it i would want to do it seriousely, at affil level.I think he has seriouse potential for it, its just matching him up to the right class ect,