Showjumping stallion recommendations

Luce85

Visit site
We have a lovely 16.1hh mare who we've jumped up to 130m level, and it's been decided to put her in foal next year. She is by Diamant de Semilly out of a Voltaire mare, very athletic mare with a great jump but can get a little hot at times. She has bred before with a darco stallion but not with us, but was wondering if anyone knows what would really compliment her bloodlines, will upload a picture later. But she has great conformation and lovely manners, has bred some lovely foals previously, but with so much choice out there we are stuck with what to use to help compliment her.

Thank you!

DonkeyClub

Visit site
Wasn't Diamment X Voltaire the same breeding as Don VHP? If so may be worth asking Shirley light at brendon stud about what crosses she thinks are working well with those lines

JVB

Visit site
There are so many to choose from but I went for Balou Du Rouet, did a lot of research and he mostly throws good jumpers with lovely temperaments, plus he's gorgeous!

christine48

Visit site
There are so many to choose from but I went for Balou Du Rouet, did a lot of research and he mostly throws good jumpers with lovely temperaments, plus he's gorgeous!

Good choice, lovely stallion who seems to throw talent and trainability.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
We have a young stallion by the legendary Contender, out of a Premium Holsteiner mare by Caretino. Grand-mother was the 9th best Holstein breeding mare in Germany. This year was his first year at stud so expecting his first foals in 2014. He is homozygous for the black gene, so cannot throw a chestnut either.

We also have a fabulous black Hanoverian stallion that did all three disciplines in Germany and has already produced a WBFSH ranked eventer and International showjumping daughter, besides other offspring both in Germany and the UK.

If you wish further details then please PM me.

sallyf

Visit site
I have a Balou filly this year and she is just fabulous so would definitely recommend him.
She is quite spirited but very easy to do things with which is just how I like my horses.
Have high hope s for her

Luce85

Visit site
So much choice, really like Balou, never had much experience with his youngsters though! What are they like? Also really like one of Brendon Stud's young ones! Oh the choice!!

SakuraHillFarm

New User
Visit site
What has everyone's experience been with Balou's offspring as far as rideability? They are beautifully put together and show excellent movement and jump through the chute however I have hard from some Dutchmen that they can be have some issues with rideability as to be expected with his pedigree. The ones that I have ridden (mostly youngsters 3-5 years of age) have to be typical Baloubet's a bit hot and a bit of fight to the fences.