showjumping tips

sandwichboy2

New User
Visit site
i have a 5year old, who has totally lost his back end and i need to get it back by october the 14th. any ideas on what to do? <span style="color:red"> </span>

spike123

Visit site
presuming by losing his backend you mean he has lost his muscle.If this has suddenly disappeared I would suspect a problem as sudden muscle wastage would suggest pain somewhere.If you want to build muscle I seriously doubt he will regain it in time for 14th October.To build muscle you need to work the horse in an outline and ensure he is tracking up when you work him.Lots of up and downwards transitions,raised poles,leg yielding and working long and low will all help.Ensure you allow lots of stretching during your schooling sessions and make sure you allow plenty of time to warm the muscles up at the beginning and warm them down at the end.

jess_asterix

Visit site
if you explain slighty more as to what you mean by "losing his backend" then i might be able to help. do you mean careless, lost condition &amp; muscle, or not tracking up and bringing hocks under you?
xx