Shows not cancelled 2021?

Nudibranch

Visit site
Trying to work out which shows which may still run this Summer (large breed M&M classes in particular) in the North East/North West/Scottish borders. Any suggestions? County or larger local shows preferably. My nearest 5 are all definitely off! Durham seems to be the only one going ahead so far.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
How long is a piece of string? Even those brave enough to say they are still running know they may not be able to nearer the time. Aot of big shows round here have cancelled already. I can't see 2021 being much different to last year.

Visit site
The Royal Highland Show still seems to think it is going ahead as normal with public. They are still selling tickets. They are deluded but they need the numbers on their banking sheets to hide the carnage that is going on behind the scenes.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Royal Cheshire is extending to 3 days instead of the normal 2. I assume to have fewer visitors and competitors per day. I've heard nothing about the Great Yorkshire. I think they could go ahead because they have a massive site, great sponsors and supporters and already have a youtube channel, so they could go ahead without spectators.

I'm waiting to hear about the Cheshire Horse Show which is end of May.

dorsetladette

Visit site
The is a facebook page

Horse shows - The cancelled, The postponed and the going head!

They have a spreadsheet they are updating as the various societies and committee's announce things.

We've got no local shows planning to go ahead I don't think. The only one who hasn't said anything is Bath and west but I can't see it happening. Its to early in the year for any kind of normality IMHO

southerncomfort

Visit site
I was hoping for some smaller, quieter shows as I've got a smashing Fell I'd like to take out for the experience, but I suspect any show that goes ahead will be very busy and hugely over subscribed.

humblepie

Visit site
I have seen that Three Counties look to be doing separate agricultural show days and equine days. They ran a one day horse show in October last year which worked well so hopefully they may be able to do run something. I seem to recall that South of England hope to do the cattle/sheep etc side but not horses though may have dreamed that up.

Nudibranch

Visit site
How long is a piece of string? Even those brave enough to say they are still running know they may not be able to nearer the time. Aot of big shows round here have cancelled already. I can't see 2021 being much different to last year.

My post was asking about shows which are still aiming to go ahead. Obviously they may not be able to. I'm asking about ones which haven't cancelled yet.

Thank you to those who've made suggestions!

Visit site
I was hoping for some smaller, quieter shows as I've got a smashing Fell I'd like to take out for the experience, but I suspect any show that goes ahead will be very busy and hugely over subscribed.
I have a dales pony with suspected in him too. Id love to take him out to novice dressage tests this year for experience. I live in central scotland but im not sure what shows are going ahead.

Visit site
My post was asking about shows which are still aiming to go ahead. Obviously they may not be able to. I'm asking about ones which haven't cancelled yet.

Thank you to those who've made suggestions!

Keep tabs on Sparket showing shows. They try to run a few 2 ring shows between ISEC in the Borders and Newton Rigg EC. I would say they will put shows on as soon as they get the green light to.

Visit site
I have a dales pony with suspected in him too. Id love to take him out to novice dressage tests this year for experience. I live in central scotland but im not sure what shows are going ahead.

None of the agricultural shows are that I know of uptil August now. Except for the Highland who are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Keep tabs on Puddledub Shows - again they will put some on as soon as they are allowed to. Some at Howe, Netherton, Muirmill, Brechin usually each year. They also accomodate for young, inexperienced horses so no need to go straight in at the deep end.

I suspect a few small showing shows will pop up through the year once we have more guidance on what we can and can't do. But dresdage is far more likely to get going again as soon as it can as that is more naturally socially distanced than showing.

tda

Visit site
I think dressage will be most likely option for everybody for this year ?
Southerncomfort, Honley or Woolley shows are okay but not likely to confirm for a while yet. But I haven't looked
I think Sparket ran a few days last year and will likely do this year if possible
Really hoping the Dales breed shows will go ahead ?

Last edited:

southerncomfort

Visit site
I think dressage will be most likely option for everybody for this year ?
Southerncomfort, Honley or Woolley shows are okay but not likely to confirm for a while yet. But I haven't looked
I think Sparket ran a few days last year and will likely do this year if possible
Really hoping the Dales breed shows will go ahead ?

Good call. Honley is a lovely show if it goes ahead.

Reactions: tda

minesadouble

Visit site
I've heard nothing about GYS cancelling but I've heard on the grapevine that even if it cancels the plan is to run the equine classes.

OP are you looking for ridden or in hand classes?

minesadouble

Visit site
Both although given my free time at the moment probably in hand is more achievable!

For ridden classes BSPS Area 1a have lovely shows. They ran a few last year, in accordance with Covid guidelines, class numbers were limited to 6. They crammed as many in as they could in until we were locked down. Always lovely friendly shows with good judges.
I'm sure there'll be a fair few rather green novices out this year given the current situation!

Visit site
None of the agricultural shows are that I know of uptil August now. Except for the Highland who are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Keep tabs on Puddledub Shows - again they will put some on as soon as they are allowed to. Some at Howe, Netherton, Muirmill, Brechin usually each year. They also accomodate for young, inexperienced horses so no need to go straight in at the deep end.

I suspect a few small showing shows will pop up through the year once we have more guidance on what we can and can't do. But dresdage is far more likely to get going again as soon as it can as that is more naturally socially distanced than showing.
I live fairly close to howe and brechin so that would be great! Yes i hope all this madness will clear up soon.

EventingMum

Visit site

That's the Highland just announced it's cancelled, hardly a surprise.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Royal Lancashire have confirmed they ARE going ahead with their Light Horse section.

Royal Cheshire have added a 2 day online show to their Facebook page but I'm hoping this is because visitor numbers will be restricted. They are still planning 3 days.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Royal Cheshire have cancelled the three days showing on their Facebook page but it is believed to be so they can rearrange to new dates later this year.