Shwmae Products Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Dear Patterdale and Motherofchickens if you had a horse that reacted as badly to fly bites as my old girl does you would try anything to keep her comfortable over summer. To see her with huge reactions that need steroid injections is not nice. To see her with open wounds from flies is not nice. To see her desperately trying to rub herself as she is so itchy is not nice. And before you say it yes I have tried fly repellents, fly masks, sweet itch rugs with belly flap, but all leave exposed areas ... the onesie looked to give the most protection.

xfeex

Visit site
OMG I think its me who she is saying has started this thread I found it googling evidence for trading standards, yes they have had my money too! since 3rd August, I must admit I feel silly for ordering one now but I bought one to keep my pony clean on hunting nights, I work in the mornings so any help I can get to keep him clean was the reason for ordering.

They did send me an email with courier details (but no name of courier) and its still not arrived
And the original one sent was marked 4'9 when I ordered 5' and the hood they sent had no ears and was a different colour from the rug. it was also very tight round his wither and one of the zips was sticking

I could go on and on how rude they have been to me

I will also report to the above link

Im not letting this drop, I would rather send the money to the poor people in the Philippines

xfeex

Visit site
Corner Mad house I could do with a chat with you as its all very similar what has happened to me please pm me. I have also been blocked of Facebook site. I think they have been responding to you thinking you are me, the more I read this post the more weird it is. I wonder if it was my details they asked to be removed, I would love to know.

xfeex

Visit site
wouldn't say im a fool wanting to keep my pony clean on the night before hunting, some people put hoods/bandages all sorts on to keep them clean, I thought this would be better than bandages etc...

I would never make my pony uncomfortable! that is the reason it was sent back first time as it was too tight on the wither

I am a fool for not researching first and ordering from them! shocking company

lisa_dundee

Visit site
I have ordered from this company before and ended up waiting months for two fleece heads that ended up coming in different sizes and patterns and the craftsmanship was crap!! I actually wanted to try the Lycra socks but just won't risk the poor quality and will probably never arrive or if they do they will be the wrong colour or size no doubt!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
And the good news is that some horses have been spared the indignity and discomfort of being wrapped like a supermarket chicken.

The bad news is that owners will have to get up a bit earlier in the morning.
Ah well.

mil1212

Visit site
I had the same experience with this company over 18 months ago, so the standards have not changed with the invention of this 'onesie'. I had 2 hoods which finally turned up 3 months later, wrong fabric and neither fitted, but I didn't dare send them back!
Also, the concept of a horse onesie is not a new one, I had one in the 80's for my grey pony (legs, body and all) She neither felt undignified or uncomfortable, just another rug for her.

lula

Visit site
All I have to say is why, just why would you ever need to put that on a horse?
It looks far from comfortable :(

this totally. they cover the ears, the head right down to the hooves and are made of what, fleece? How uncomfortable and itchy must these be? not to mention the very real p[ossibility of a pony seriously over heating in summer.

sounds horrific. horses have their own coats. we mess horses internal thermostat enough putting rugs on them, but these onsies cant be good for their health.
i see them as pure convenience on the part of the owner and kids who think looking at their pony in a horrendously multi coloured pajama straight jacket somehow gives it the 'ahhhhh' factor.

Do people really think their horse would actually choose to wear one of these, even ones who dont give a stuff about their street cred?

Last edited:

Corner Mad House

Visit site
And do you think horses would actually choose to be in a stable most of their lives, or be ridden, or be in a muddy paddock .... I think not, but that is what a lot of owners subject their horses to.

I saw these rugs as a way of making my old girls life more comfortable. It appeared to offer the best protection against flies. And before we go down the line of have you tried the answer is yes ... fly mask, sweet itch with belly flap rug, fly spray ... and still she is eaten alive by flies.

You tell me what you would do?

mil1212

Visit site
Well I hope the hoods did not cost you too much. Why didn't you dare to send them back?

with the service I received I didn't think I'd either get my money back or get replacements to fit, even 18 months ago I wasn't the first of Shwmae's unhappy customers.... I have altered the hoods myself to some sort of use.

xfeex

Visit site
Ah well.

I do get up very early but with working in the kennels, 4 horses to look after and exercise plus looking after 40 livery customers I thought it would be easier to get him ready the night before!

I don't see much difference than covering your horse in hoods, rugs, stable bandages

whatever is going on with the company its not good. they cannot take money from people and treat them like they are doing.

I hope everyone they rip off report them.

lisa_dundee

Visit site
They are just two young girls who's grandad set them up with some machines and fabric at home to start making hoods. They have obviously got in over their heads and too big for their boots. Me and my ex friend were making hoods at one point and we used a couple of the same fabric suppliers they use and one of the suppliers doesn't even like dealing with them and said that they are rude and always buy the cheaper material, they also told me the actual quality of their work isn't very good which I have seen for myself anyway!

RunToEarth

Visit site
I do get up very early but with working in the kennels, 4 horses to look after and exercise plus looking after 40 livery customers I thought it would be easier to get him ready the night before!

I don't see much difference than covering your horse in hoods, rugs, stable bandages

whatever is going on with the company its not good. they cannot take money from people and treat them like they are doing.

I hope everyone they rip off report them.

I have to agree with HR - they are the most ridiculous looking things I have ever seen and I would sooner cheese grate my eyeballs out than have them anywhere near my horses - I have other things to do on hunting mornings but I just make sure I get up early enough to clean the horses. Rugs and bandages are made out of breathable material and do not look half as restricted or wrap the entire horse head to toe in spandex.

I'm sorry you've all been ripped off, but a person who has dreamed up a business making spanx onesies for horses was never going to be the most legitimate business woman/human...

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I have to agree with HR - they are the most ridiculous looking things I have ever seen and I would sooner cheese grate my eyeballs out than have them anywhere near my horses - I have other things to do on hunting mornings but I just make sure I get up early enough to clean the horses. Rugs and bandages are made out of breathable material and do not look half as restricted or wrap the entire horse head to toe in spandex.

I'm sorry you've all been ripped off, but a person who has dreamed up a business making spanx onesies for horses was never going to be the most legitimate business woman/human...

Agree with you RTE. They are absolutely vile things and I can't understand why anyone would want to put those on their horses. They are horses, not fluffy little ornamental dogs to dress up likes babies. It is obvious from the pics that the material is cheap - it is probably itchy, hot and uncomfortable for the horses - and the products look badly made.

Seriously people, just buy a Snuggy Hood if you have a grey that gets filthy before a competition / have clipped off your horse's entire head and made him freezing cold, and leave your horse's legs on if the legs get cold.

It is a shame so many people have lost money as I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and it sounds as though the company are dreadful to deal with. But I bet your horses wouldn't have thanked you for wrapping them up like dolls in horrid, itchy, cheap fleece material.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Hi Stugatsio. Can you put your comments on the Australian and the USA Facebook for Shwmae. I am in the UK but have been blocked from the UK and Australian Facebook. My comments are still on the USA Facebook though! Please join me in shouting about how awful this company is treating their customers!

Costypop

Visit site
Hi Stugatsio. Can you put your comments on the Australian and the USA Facebook for Shwmae. I am in the UK but have been blocked from the UK and Australian Facebook. My comments are still on the USA Facebook though! Please join me in shouting about how awful this company is treating their customers!

I've pm'd you

only_me

Visit site
I still think the socks where a good idea. My horse gets washed twice the night before a show and usually at least once in the morning of the show as he is basically hoof to elbow white and then hoof to hock white. It was as much a hope to help reduce the irritation to his pink skin as much as to keep legs clean. And his legs only get washed for a show, otherwise they are untouched!!

A lot of things are designed to make our lives easier so why cant we have them for horses?!

stugatsio

New User
Visit site
i think sox are fab but not worth the hassle dealing with them, why would they refund on products sent, as they have told me for 4 months , i want the whole amount refunded i will never deal with them again i will make my girls there onesies, they have blocked me i cant post on there facebook page not to worry there are other places to get the message out if i dont get all

WelshD

Visit site
Can your bank help with reversing a transfer or card payment maybe stugatsio?

I notice they have just listed two onesies on their Facebook page as complete and ready to despatch - possibly some that a disgruntled customer has told them to shove somewhere!

stugatsio

New User
Visit site
its hard that i am in australia but yes you guys over there should report them they have just emailed me as rude as ever but i havent finished with them we should all stick together i will do wotever i can at this end

PolarSkye

Visit site
And the good news is that some horses have been spared the indignity and discomfort of being wrapped like a supermarket chicken.

Ah well.

It's not about getting up earlier, it's about having to bathe horses EVERY day which can't be good for their skin. YO's daughter has a grey BSJA pony and when they go to the big shows the pony needs a bath every day to keep her clean - can't do HOYS or equivalent covered in poo stains.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Well, I will say that (possibly) thanks to my prompting on here and PM'ing her, my YO has had at least had a communication from Jessica and a promise that the item will arrive tomorrow . . . not holding my breath, but hopeful.

I get the sense that perhaps the business owner is just overwhelmed and/or disorganized . . . either way she needs to get a grip and stop over promising and under delivering to customers.

P

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
It's not about getting up earlier, it's about having to bathe horses EVERY day which can't be good for their skin. YO's daughter has a grey BSJA pony and when they go to the big shows the pony needs a bath every day to keep her clean - can't do HOYS or equivalent covered in poo stains.

P

But equally, I can't imagine being trussed up in what looks like horrid, cheap "fleece" all night, every night is exactly good for their skin either. Surely a better option would be to buy a Snuggy Hood sweet itch rug and the leg add-ons which go down to the knees, then bandage from below the knee downwards? Bit labour intensive and expensive, but I'd imagine a lot more breathable than those horrible looking onesies. Plus at least SH are a well known brand that you never see slagged off on here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.