Sick of horse shopping!

Aleka81

Visit site
Please can someone point me in the direction of where to look for a nice hunter!
My requirements don't seem too bad yet I can't find anything! I have clocked up 1200 miles in the last two weeks with no joy.
I am daily looking at H and H, Horsequest, Horsemart, local FB groups.
Am I missing anywhere?

RunToEarth

Visit site
Please can someone point me in the direction of where to look for a nice hunter!
My requirements don't seem too bad yet I can't find anything! I have clocked up 1200 miles in the last two weeks with no joy.
Am I missing anywhere?

Have you tried Shane Walsh's yard? He has some mega horses in at the moment - I don't know whether he advertises as he seems to trade from recommendations but he does have a website.

Stormy123456

Visit site
Have you tried Leicestershire Hunter and Hirelings? They seem to have some nice horses that sell very quickly. They have a FB page, not sure if they advertise elsewhere..

Aleka81

Visit site
Have you tried Shane Walsh's yard? He has some mega horses in at the moment - I don't know whether he advertises as he seems to trade from recommendations but he does have a website.

Have been to Shane's but nothing there really. His website is out of date and he only has a couple of others advertised.
I don't think I am being too fussy but maybe I am

Sherston

Visit site
Its the wrong time of year to be buying a serious hunter, they will just be getting fit but not fully fit and hunting in September is not really a true test of a hunter, especially with a large budget to spend. I'd would not be concerned if you have to wait until end September or early October, your budget is plenty big enough to pay a slight premium for security and you can try them out properly then and they will be fully fit.

Ideally buy hunters at the end of the season when they are up, hunting, fit and still sound.

Leo Walker

Visit site
This guy:

https://www.facebook.com/jackthomas.watson?fref=ts

I havent personally bought from him but I know people who have. He gets rave reviews! He was also more than happy to put me and my friend up and take us both for a days hunting the next day. I wasnt shopping and friend only had 3k so hardly big spenders! She found something locally in the end, but if he hasnt got what you want I bet he can find it!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Go to Ireland. They will let you hunt two a day and then buy if you like what you've ridden.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Am I missing anywhere?

Yep - you didn't tell US what height you needed, what potential speed you want (say compare a TB with an Irish Draught), how far you're prepared to travel from home to see one horse that sounds suitable, and - as a follow on - where you're located, and how much experience you require of hunting in the horse you want.

There's somewhere to start!

Aleka81

Visit site
Yep - you didn't tell US what height you needed, what potential speed you want (say compare a TB with an Irish Draught), how far you're prepared to travel from home to see one horse that sounds suitable, and - as a follow on - where you're located, and how much experience you require of hunting in the horse you want.

There's somewhere to start!

16-16.2hh. Age 6-10, gelding, no TB's (been there done that!) no greys.
I was prepared to travel miles and have been but having wasted so much time I would rather stick to an hour max. It's wanted for heythrop country and must be genuine.
My time is getting seriously limited to look at things due to my job so unfortunately Ireland is out of the question.

maxie

Visit site

maxie

Visit site
Yes i think it's a great idea - this is only the third year of the sale but it seems to have taken off.
For buyers, you can see horses over all types of natural fences & try them over the course yourself.