Sick Video for sale (ILLEGAL AND CRUEL HORSE ACTIVITY)

cp1980

Visit site
3VidRacingLondon06.jpg

I saw this. It makes me so angry.

These poor animals are treated disgustingly and with great cruelty by the people who do this sort of thing.

My old instructor came to own rescued gypsy road racing ponies, and they were in a terrible mess emotionally at first.

It makes me so angry that people celebrate this sort of thing
mad.gif

rrose

Visit site
sick sick sick i hate it!!! have them where i am stables twice a year they go up and down the road. its horrible i cant even watch and the police and RSPCA dont do anything!!
mad.gif
these poor horse what have they done to deserve that!!

katiejaye

Visit site
they go up and down the roads by my old stables and are both cruel and a danger to other people. I was hacking my boy out about 6 years ago when they came racing down the road whooping and my boy (who is normally a saint on the road) went ballistic as they zoomed by and reared and dumped me on the road. He took off and I (bruised, bleeding and sore!) had to leg it after him. When I caught up they had grabbed Louis and one of them was on him...Louis looked terrified! I luckily had a stick on me and started beating the guy on my horse screaming at him to get off! It was awful! Finally he got off, laughed, then offered me a lift on him cart...I won't repeat the language I used!

katiejaye

Visit site
I know! And i reccon if I hadn't caught them up they would have been off with him...god it's not even worth thinking about! Poor Louis looked traumatised after that! I was so worried about a repeat incident that I moved yards a couple of weeks later.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
FFs, I've had it with anti gypsy posts on this forum!

The road racing ponies I know are in far better nick that most of yours!

Reported for racism!

Parkranger

Visit site
Calm it
grin.gif
cool.gif
- I'm afraid that Gipsys (or us with a bit of romany blood) with always be misconstrued...........people need to learn the difference between pikeys and gipsys.....

Sheeps - educate me on road racing - TBH I don't know much about it........

GTs

Visit site
I would be interested to see how many of these horses break down racing - at Del Mar so far this year we have had 1 per day!

Tharg

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Reported for racism!

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down, it wasn`t stated as every single gypsey/pikey/traveler.

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Reported for racism!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not one person until your post mentioned gypsies or pikeys at all - just said they hate road racing and its cruel. Just like a few months ago people said racing was cruel when all those horses died at cheltenham.

Can't see how that makes it racist.

And I think this is cruel - hammering their legs on tarmac as fast as they do, and the accidents they have - is just plain stupid not to mention illegal in many places.

Personally I think they need to get them off the roads - race on a field by all means but how many people on here would race their horses on a tarmac road?

spike123

Visit site
This sort of racing happens alot in our area.It is illegal but by the time the Police get there the race is already over and those doing the racing have loaded all back up on their trailers and disappeared.Knowing a few travellers as I do I can say they all have an eye for a horse that can trot fast and cover the ground as that is what they look for in a horse to race with. I agree that it would be far better if they did the racing on the grass or even the beach but roads seem to be the preferred choice which is probably because they can travel faster and its smoother.I have been stuck behind them on a few occassions when they have been racing as they like to race in a method which prevents the cars from coming past them which from their point of view is obviously safer than allowing the traffic past and it is annoying being stuck behind them for several miles but one thing I can say is of those I have seen race I have never seen any of them use a whip to make the horses go faster.

Aleka81

Visit site
Some trotting ponies are exceptionally well cared for. I don't agree with the videos at all. But trotting has been going on for years. Why do you think all trotting is cruel?

greasedweasel

www.chamfronstud.com
[ QUOTE ]

Reported for racism!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh sheeps of doom - you did just hit quick reply didn't you??????????

I'm with you on this one - I'm totally fed up with the snobbery on this forum too (hence the reason I'm hardly on it now) and people talking crap about things they know nowt about!!!

I agree that most road racers look well - saw a cracking grey out in his stretch cart yesterday - fit, well, unblemished - a horse doing a job - lovely. I see/hear more things on this forum that scare the crap out of me about the way people care for their horses on here.

But i happen to think my horses look very well too.... so please say that comment wasn't aimed at me - LOL!!!
confused.gif

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
Road Trotting is a recognise sport here in Ireland, either ridden on driven, I went to watch once and was shocked to see them tearing up and down a tarmac road (I thought they were going to be on the sand at the beach, not on the road next to it!). None of the horses looked traumatised or unfit for what they were doing. and IIRC there was only one fall all day.
I wouldn't make a habit of going cos it wasn't my mug of coffee.

Gingernags

Visit site
Trotter racing as on grass or a sand track I have no problem with at all. I just can't reconcile myself to the idea of racing at as fast a trot as you can on tarmac roads.

The concussion to the feet must be terrible, and the accidents if they come down on tarmac must be horrendous.

The mare I used to ride years ago, they think she was a clydie x gypsy pony - could out-trot anything. She'd go hunting and would be trotting whilst everyone else was galloping. Never seen anything like the speed she could trot. BUT she got navicular from it, due to concussion from trotting too fast on hard ground.

I can't see how it can be good for them no matter how fit and well looked after they are.

And that has nothing to do with who owns them. Up here a lot of the trotters are owned by farmers and such, not just travellers.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Sorry GW, quick reply indeed.

It's not just this thread alone - monthly gypsies, pikeys, travellers are ALL degraded and accused of atrocities and abuses as a group.

If the gypsy/pikey/traveller was replaced with Muslim/Jew/etc then Admin would do something about it!

This forum is a place simply for pikey bashing and I have frigging well had it! Yes, we don't understand their cultures, they can be rough, and you most definantly don't want to get on the wrong side of them... but I'm not - I'm on the RIGHT side - I know these people, I know their horses, I know their dogs (quite personally with one or two, they like to come vist... ponies AND dogs!) - they are not all abused and neglected, the racers are some of the best kept animals they have and I personally think that it's settled folk who are crueller to their animals than gypsies!

But that doesn't stop the forum accusing every gypsy camp of theft, abuse and generally being the scum of society.

So, from now on, I will be reporting every post as I find them offensive. Racism is against the terms and conditions!!

sojeph

Visit site
Oh stop it-how ridiculous!! Pikey bashing?-this thread is about racing horses on the road regardless of who may be doing it!!

M_G

Visit site
Here Here Sheeps However I do think Pikeys are very different to Gypsys the lines seem to have become blurred these days.

for me Gypsys are salt of the earth wil show you respect if you show respect to them & look after their animals very well. Pikeys on the other hand are to me people with no respect for anything or anyone and are generally out to cause trouble.

in my mind that's how they are and yes I do have some close friends who are gypsy's and you couldnt ask for nicer people

xxx

Faithkat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Pikeys on the other hand are to me people with no respect for anything or anyone and are generally out to cause trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right - a couple of years ago we had a group of them deposit themselves in the lane right outside our field - it was a very nerve-wracking couple of weeks until the council moved them on. They left shed-loads of rubbish and had melted the pavement with their "barbecues" - who picks up the bill for sorting that out - we, the council tax payers do!

We also have one who parks his caravan on the grass verge outside our field from time to time, again, until the Council and police move him on. He was there earlier this week and to my horror, on Monday night, decided to light a whopping great fire right underneath the trees and hedge that are the boundary to our field. I had a polite word with him pointing out how stupid that was considering the tinder-dry conditions at the moment. He didn't give a stuff as he had to "cook his dinner"!!!! I rang and made a strong complaint to the powers-that-be and he'd gone on Wednesday. They are a damn nuisance and do not care about anyone or anything else.

Gypsies and pikeys (or, as we used to call them, diddikais) are totally different groups. Pikeys are just people who do not want to fit in with society or pay their way but are quite happy to avail themselves of schools and the NHS when they want. They are a law unto themselves and that the exact phrase used by one of our local policemen!

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh stop it-how ridiculous!! Pikey bashing?-this thread is about racing horses on the road regardless of who may be doing it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gypsies were bought up in it - without the distinction of many gypsies actually being avid horsemen with no point nor purpose in abusing the animals they would look to sell!

Then there was the appleby posts, the "pikey watch" posts, warning of groups of gypsies moving in and out of towns...

Stay in denial if you like, but this is racism and I would like to see Admin do something about it!

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

and you most definantly don't want to get on the wrong side of them... but I'm not - I'm on the RIGHT side -

[/ QUOTE ]

So should we be scared of them? Your post implies that they are dangerous if we are 'on the wrong side of them' surely that is a racist post?

sojeph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and you most definantly don't want to get on the wrong side of them... but I'm not - I'm on the RIGHT side -

[/ QUOTE ]

So should we be scared of them? Your post implies that they are dangerous if we are 'on the wrong side of them' surely that is a racist post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes quite! One of the reason's people are wary.

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gypsies were bought up in it - without the distinction of many gypsies actually being avid horsemen with no point nor purpose in abusing the animals they would look to sell!

[/ QUOTE ] No they weren't.

Before you posted about being racist - NOT ONE POST MENTIONED GYPSIES/PIKEYS/TRAVELLERS OR ANYTHING SIMILAR

It was one person saying - look at these videos I found of an illegal activity I find horrible.

So if I post something saying "look at this footage I found of hunting" Look at this video I found of dog fighting/badger baiting etc etc etc - am I being racist?

I think not.

Until YOU mentioned racism against pikeys/gypsies/travellers - NOT ONE WORD HAD BEEN SAID ABOUT THEM.

I am really annoyed now, the original thread mentioned nothing of this, most replies didn't, and to call someone racist over that is wrong.

Well out of order.