Sick Video for sale (ILLEGAL AND CRUEL HORSE ACTIVITY)

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and you most definantly don't want to get on the wrong side of them... but I'm not - I'm on the RIGHT side -

[/ QUOTE ]

So should we be scared of them? Your post implies that they are dangerous if we are 'on the wrong side of them' surely that is a racist post?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you shouldn't be scared of them - but you shouldn't keep making digs at them either!

Gypsies have no interest in you, as you should have no interest in them. It's when settled folks start pro-activly doing stuff against gypsies that they get upset.

Being friendly towards them doesn't take much and you open yourself up to another world.
For instance, whatever gypsy camps look like from the outside, their houses are pristeen... but how many settled folk would know that? Instead they'd prefer to call them dirty and bad mouth them!

There is no point denying that gypsy culture is such that if you DO annoy them, you're in trouble - being friendly with them means I also get to know what goes on. But they have no interest in folks who keep their noses and their predijuices to themselves!

allijudd

Visit site
im sorry to have to say it but many of these ponies are extremly well cared for and are worth an awful lot of money...i spent years with my aunt learning this sport and now she runs a succesful trotting stud in scotland...

sometimes exercising on the road is just like you hacking out....it has benefits and it has drawbacks just like anything else...

remeber that these videos dont show real life...they are just collections of images and films.....

look into harness racing properly before making such judgements.....

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
GM - the first post in this thread...

[ QUOTE ]
My old instructor came to own rescued gypsy road racing ponies, and they were in a terrible mess emotionally at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did the word gypsy even need to be there? why couldn't she just have said road racing ponies?

Racism, thats why.

I replied pointing out that the gypsy road racing ponies I knew were some of the best kept I know! And that I was fed up with statements such as the above being bandied about!

Tempi

Visit site
At not one point did anyone mention gypsies/pikeys, YOU were the first to bring this up. People were complaining (and quite rightly) about the damage this sort of racing does on horses legs and the awful accidents it can cause. They have trotters near me and the speed they hammer up and down the roads is rediculous - just think what its doing to the poor ponies/horses legs. Im all for them racing on soft ground, but do you hammer your horse up and down tarmac roads? I think the answer is probably no, and theres a reason for that...........

To be honest i think you are totally out of order, you are the one who turned this post around in the first place. I wasnt even thinking about gypsies when i was reading it, i was just thinking about how cruel I think the sport is.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Does this mean you are admitting you other post is bull, cos I WASN'T the first person to mention gypsies?

So, why did it need to be included? Plenty of people road race, why did she have to stick in the bit about gypsy owned horses being emotionally and physically ruined?

dieseldog

Visit site
Imagine what would happen if some boy racer/salesman/old granny or any other type of driver came round the corner in the opposite direction - or do they only race on dual carriageways/one way streets?

Never seen a race, think I would absolutley **** myself if I came head to head with one - it's bad enough meeting some horses out hacking at a walk

Parkranger

Visit site
Agree with you M_L - we have romany gipsy blood in our family and they're a completely different kettle of fish to travellers........

Tia

Visit site
Gosh I deliberated about whether I wanted to open this post given the title......

.......I've seen far worse from private owners' ignorance I'm afraid.

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
It is cruel and the animals are generally not well looked after, horses i have reported are often 2-3 years raced up and down major A roads which is extremely dangerous to ponies and other road users the poor things are thin, sweating and i should think there legs are so sore the next day they can hardly walk. This is not having a go at gypsies but i do not agree with road racing or tethering and i do not see any reason to do it and i cannot see how ANY horse lover thinks it is acceptable

If anyone knows where this videos were found please PM me i am interested as it may be useful to an investigation

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Well, PF sweats when I ride her... don't your horses? And by some standards she's on the thin side... Also, have you seen how lean top eventers are? Also do you mind me asking how you know the racing ponies' legs are sore? Would you report showjumpers/eventers/endurance riders on the same grounds??

For the record, I've never seen road racing and to my (uniformed) eyes it doesn't look very pleasant. Racing on A roads can't be very safe either. HOWEVER, I think you're being a bit quick to judge on the basis of how much a horse sweats and its weight.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I was lent one of these videos from a guy that was moving out hedge for us. He said he breeds and races and his best mare can do 32mph!! He showed us pictures of his horse that all looked ok eg, not thin, but having one of these ponies myself (rescued) and knowing the damage to his legs, thankfully he wasn't very good so didn't race too much, I didn't watch the video but gave it straight back to him and refused to tell him anything about my horses. Had a rug on the line when they came round so they guessed I had horses!

emma69

Visit site
I have as much problem with anyone racing horses on the road as I do with any other person cantering their horses or jumping them on hard ground. I have seen many trotting races over here, they are done on sand/ dirt tracks - I hate the thought of racing on tarmac. Who does it, or whether it is videoed is incidental in my mind.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was lent one of these videos from a guy that was moving out hedge for us. He said he breeds and races and his best mare can do 32mph!! He showed us pictures of his horse that all looked ok eg, not thin, but having one of these ponies myself (rescued) and knowing the damage to his legs, thankfully he wasn't very good so didn't race too much, I didn't watch the video but gave it straight back to him and refused to tell him anything about my horses. Had a rug on the line when they came round so they guessed I had horses!

[/ QUOTE ]

The little coloured near me goes like [****] from a shovel! You have to be quick if they're out training him cos he keeps up with the general flow of traffic!

He's obviously not nackered as he's been racing up and down the roads for years now!!

And I know what you mean about their legs - Midi's were splinty and she had no idea how to canter... bless her! But she was fine, still totally in character and still more than happy to buck people off... (youngster, not bad behaviour - she had never done things like gallop out on hacks before - so she'd buck for the sheer joy of it - nothing physically wrong with her at all
laugh.gif
)

Vicstress - there is someone using this forum who's half gypsy. I should think he'd be highly offended to hear that being of gypsy blood means he's incaperble of looking after animals!

But, I see Admin are not taking the ethnicity of their forum users into account, so I shall see who I should go to next.

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
i think it is really weird how fellow horse owners think this is acceptable.....you think it ok for 2-3yr olds to be raced flat out on the roads....?????? you think it is ok for horses to be under weight and sweating in high temperatures....can't say i'd be proud to have an under weight horse, fit and thin are very different.....

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Tell you what. You show me precisely where in post I say road racing is acceptable.
Also show me where you mention that the horses you describe are 2/3 years old and where you mention the word 'unfit' in your post. Are you suggesting only unfit horses sweat?
I was merely pointing out that the things you emphasise so disgusting about road racing could easily apply to many other equestrian sports.

You jump to far too many conclusions and I certainly hope you're not suggesting my horse is underweight and unfit! If so, what on earth are you basing that assumption on?