Sign writing on horsebox yay or neigh?

nicolenlolly

Visit site
Lovely people in my phone, I saw a post from 2007 but not sure of rule changes/updates so felt it prudent to ask…

Just buying a “new to us” horsebox and would like to jaz up the exterior to modernise it a little.

My daughter is hoping to make a name for herself as *insertname*eventing like they all seem to do. As such, she has asked if she can have her logo that she designed (actually it’s pretty nice) on the door of the lorry.

Hubby is adamant that this will attract the requirement for cpc, more expensive tax/insurance and the requirement for tacho whereas without it is just for private use and simpler.

Is there anyone who can confirm or disprove for me please as I can’t seem to find definitive info either way.

Many thanks xx

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
It's a while since I've needed to think about this, but it's to do with whether the vehicle is being used in connection with a business. My lorry had logos and my business name and contact details on it, but I only used it for transporting my own horses at that point, so I removed the wordy bits and left the images. I did have many letters threatening me with prosecution for many months after I'd informed them in writing that it was private use only, though that was probably because I'd previously had an OL when we did horse transport.

humblepie

Visit site
Probably worth checking with VOSA as OH took a client’s lorry for test and they queried the tachograph as lorry had xx eventing on it. Client is private use and bought lorry with that writing on it. They did accept and pass it though.

Dino7

Visit site
Just put the logo on the back gates so that when you arrive at destination and open ramp it is displayed. Gets around the issue slightly.