Signs of spring!!!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Snowdrops now visible above the fallen leaves at work. Also noticed some other green bulby looming shoots coming up but unsure what they are!
The daylight definitely seems a little more on my side!

Peglo

Visit site
Daffodils are starting to come up. Definitely too early for up here. They came up early last year too and got a battering. ☹️

Miss_Millie

Visit site
Just makes me more depressed. Bring back having 4 seasons and January being properly winter.

Yes, my bluebells are coming up, they should be appearing in late Feb - March at the earliest. The climate is changing, I feel very uneasy about the spring buds appearing on all of my plants.

holeymoley

Visit site
I love Spring and looking forward to it but I just feel we’ve not really had a Winter yet! Yes we’ve had wind and rain but temperatures have been wayyy milder than usual. Colder temperatures seem to be short lived. I need the cold weather to set my horse up for the spring and summer!

PurBee

Visit site
Daffodils are starting to come up. Definitely too early for up here. They came up early last year too and got a battering. ☹️

mine came up during mild nights of 7c and day 10c+ temps over xmas. Now im wondering during these 8 weeks of potential cold if theyll die-off again!

I didnt get a chance to plant more daff bulbs in autumn, now im glad!

Polos Mum

Visit site
I think we've had this a few years now - we refer to it as 'false spring' sadly. Lots of wildlife think it is warm enough to start making babies, I hope they are right but fear they are not.
We often have snow at Easter now.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Having got a birthday in early February, I've had more cold and wet or cold and snowy ones than spring like ones. Ne'er cast a clout and all that....
When I had daughter in the 80s at the end of March we had to negotiate snow for the following week or so, so nothing new to get a cold snap.

L&M

Visit site
False spring or not, both ours came in this afternoon with their grass glands up!

Though the 10 day forecast is indicting much cooler temps so will probably slow things down again.....