Silent (ish) small & light generator for a 7.5 ton lorry recommendations please

jnb

Visit site
As above, is diesel or petrol better? Makes to avoid?
Want to power plugs etc (we have fairly beefy leisure batteries and solar trickle charging for them) when staying away at shows (hopefully, if we ever get to any!)
Also use at yard if required, so not too heavy to heave in and out of the lorry.

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
The most important thing you need to determine is the power output required for your usage... I.e.do you want to power up a small microwave? Especially useful at shows and overnight stays...
Hyundai make some great little generators ..... which are far more cost effective than some of the built in ones you can buy!.... petrol or diesel is more personal choice....

jnb

Visit site
Thank you! We have a microwave, and apart from that it would just be plug sockets for iPad, phones etc. I wouldn't be looking for a built in one, just a smallish one that would fit in the existing tack locker (a skirt one)

Thanks again :)

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
Are you running an inverter as well? They are powered up from the leisure batteries and provide an uplift to 240v... great for powering tv’s chargers etc for evening use without having to constantly run the generator...

We have wired up our horsebox that when the generator is running it also powers up the on board leisure battery chargers ....

So you can wire up some Anderson plugs to plug the generator into the lorry to power up the lot!

jnb

Visit site
I don't know.....the plugs don't run off the leisure batteries just the lights inside the lorry, if that helps?