Silly Question (But it's going to bug me..)

kerilli

Visit site
umm, no, i think that's right for a traditional halter, that's how i've always seen them anyway. the leverage when the horse pulls means you can control it. mustn't tie them up in them though, for obvious reasons.

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Is it just an old type rope halter, then that is how they used to be and you just fitted it on any size horse adjusted it and took the rope round the loop and back through itself to fix in place.Then it can't tighten and you can tie up

Law

Visit site
When i need to make one out of a leadrope I do it with the rope coming from under the jaw too, not over like in the pic but then I just make it up as I go along. (if i need to bring another horse in and only have one headcollar and leadrope- this rarely happens)

isabella

Visit site
If i use a lead rope to make a halter mine tends to look like that lol so i hope its ok
grin.gif

xxx

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Is this not on upside down? Could be totaly wrong I was just alway taught that the rope end comes from under the jaw?
http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products/ProductZoom.asp?ImageName=56610-01.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that too. If that is correct it means I've been putting them on the wrong way up for years then
frown.gif
Ah well, always worked for me.

Denwyn will know.

This one comes from under the chin, you wouldn't show with one on upside down surely!
welsh-cobs-mare-001.jpg

Soooooooo, who is going to break the news to Robinsons then?
wink.gif

If someone put it on as shown in their advertising picture, then the horse ran off and hurt someone, could they blame the catalogue company for not showing how to use it properly? What a mine field! I bet they have a disclaimer in those catalogues somewhere.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Law - Glad some one else does it under the jaw.

I use/used one on my yearling when halter breaking him and for showing being a New Forest. I alway use a panic release clip lead rope and leather headcollar when tying him up mind!

Marnie

Visit site
I agree with you - I would have put it on like this halter picture

Not sure if it is right or not, but it is how I have always done it and find it effective as you can release pressure quickly when the horse stops pulling, misbehaving etc.

Bluecat45J

Visit site
I would put it as the second picture that was posted the Robinson's one looks upsidedown to me. I show a Welsh A in hand and use the second way where the lead comes from under the chin.

D

Donkeymad

I agree, I think the Robinson's one is up-side-down, but then, Robinsons.........well, best not say it!!!!!

L

lilym

totally upside down!!!!! you think they'd put the thing on properly!
confused.gif
see this often at shows.....