Silly things your horse does...

Sol

Visit site
Dante eats gloves.... I've lost about £50 worth so far!! He sort of hoovers them up and chomps on them, until you stick your hand down his throat to drag them back.... usually so gooey and mangled they aren't wearable! :eek:
He has also been known to ping bra straps if you make the mistake of having a conversation infront of his stable, with your back to him, and exclude him..... :eek: He hasn't got me though yet! :p
He also throws things at people, and is so busy nosying over hedges half the time on hacks that he ends up turning not just his head but his entire body and almost walking sideways... :confused: I could go on!! He's quite a silly creature xD

muddygreymare

Visit site
My mare sometimes unties herself and walks herself round the yard with the leadrope in her mouth :p
a1o1w6.jpg

Who needs a person when you can lead yourself? :D

RoughcutDiamond

Visit site
Davie's most endearing/annoying habit is trying to help anyone (usually me) put his headcollar on (once he's taken it off the hook outside his stable and flung it at you!). As you go to slide it over his nose he grabs it, keeps hold of it and flings his nose up as if trying to help put it on. Luckily I don't bruise easily as the buckle usually comes flying in the direction of my face. He'll then try to ingest the lead rope....

I absolutely love that, when I am in the stable and he has an itch, he will make a big thing of stretching around and pointing at the itchy bit with his nose, then simply looking at me until I oblige with a scratch. Heaven forbid I stop too quickly or I get "the look" and if I don't respond, he points again!

libertylou

Visit site
Libby has been known to untie herself, mooch around the yard, rummage through a bag or two and occasionally steal someones cup of tea that has been left somewhere :D She also makes it her job to empty wheel barrows (usually when they have just been filled and in an inappropriate place :rolleyes:).......

lordchester

Visit site
my 23 year old pony, jumps out the feild then goes looking for people, also theres work been done on the farm at the moment, so he undoes the gate to get to the workmen and pesters them looking for food, he has to stay in his stable when their about as they dont seem amused :p think he thinks hes four again

Visit site
At our local stables the horses are so funny!! One of them is 17.2 and is soo friendly except the fact he loves it when ur fussing him and someone walks behind u because he flings u with his nose into them. And If u give him a polo the say 'say please' he bear his teeth at u!! Or to help u out if u leave a sweeping brush in reach he'll pick it up with his teeth and sweep or drag it into his stable and sweep to show he wants mucking out!! Adorable!!! Also one of the older ones loves to unclip her latch on her stable walk out and look for someone if she's lonely. And If u tell her to say Please she'll give u her hoof like a dog!!! So cute!! And one of the show horses the owners has can bite a single polo into sixteenths!! The other will every time she sees a disabled (mentally or physhaclly) she gives them whatever at that point she's eating (hay grass) sooo cute!! What a talented bunch :)

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
My youngster is forever doing ridiculous things!
She will take a huge drink and then open her mouth and let it all pour out again, usually on me! Her best aim was as I bent over to do something, she managed to get it right down the back of my trousers :rolleyes:
My old lad hates being left out, forever grabbing things and chucking stuff about to get attention. He managed to hit another pony square on the arse with his headcollar once :rolleyes:

LansdownK310

Visit site
Joey is so playful, he’s a 15.2 TB x puppy! He seems to chew everything atm - rescued one of my ariat gloves from the back of his throat a few weeks ago.

He loves picking up buckets and throwing them around - hence why I have removed all of the handles after he kept standing on them and breaking them.
When picking out his front feet he will either sniff his knee with a really puzzled expression or nibble the back of your trousers.

He started letting out the horse next door to him, luckily his owner was around to stop him from wandering down the yard!

My stable is quite old fashioned with a stone manger at the back which is filled up with straw - found him this morning stood up in it with his two front legs peering over at the horse next door - thank god he had boots on: S