Silver/aluminium spray for wounds......

L&M

Visit site
Would this be a suitable product to put on 'broken' knees?

My lad has been stabled since a fall, which happened 5 days ago, in an attempt to keep the wounds clean. However I am finding it impossible to keep bandages on his knees, and he is getting fed up of being in.

Equally my vet told me to get him mobile for the sake of his knee joints - the horse is sound and comfortable, and has finished his course of ab's.

My main concern is flies, and keeping any soil out of the wounds when he rolls/lies down, so was wondering if this spray would help?

Thanks in advance.

Mule

Visit site
It sounds ideal. It's great stuff, especially for flies although I'm not so sure about soil.

JillA

Visit site
I would think colloidal silver cream is better - will soften and feel more comfortable. Silver is antibacterial so excellent for healing and will form a softer barrier?

Mum4b

Visit site
My boy recently had a nasty gash on his head just above his eye. He was bitten by a pony tied up beside him and managed to whack his head on the fence post! I put alu spray on and it sealed the wound. No weeping or bleeding, and after around a week the silver just flaked off leaving clean, healthy new skin underneath. Just need the hair to grow back now!
I was introduced to alu spray by my vet to treat thrush, which it did very quickly. It is a brilliant product, and I now couldn't be without it.

I hope your boy heals well.

L&M

Visit site
I would think colloidal silver cream is better - will soften and feel more comfortable. Silver is antibacterial so excellent for healing and will form a softer barrier?

I agree in part as will also keep the wound moist which my vet said promotes better healing - but the horse will not tolerate any more box rest and the silver cream I have been using does not offer fly protection or a barrier once absorbed in.

Having used the spray overnight his wounds were clean as when I applied it yesterday, so limiting the risk of infection....

Have tried bandaging but they keep slipping whenever he gets up or down, so a bit stuck at a way forward in a. keeping the wounds clean, and b. promoting healing.

Hmmmm.........