Simple System meadow brix?

juliette

Visit site
I've bought the odd one for the stable if weather has been appalling and they are in all day. To be honest my horse seems to get bored with them, think he feels it is hard work and prefers his haynet! Surprised they are the equivalent to half a slice of hay as they are only the size of a brick and would imagine they work out quite expensive.

redredruby

Visit site
I give my boy a luciebrix every night with his feed and he eats it all straight away, i think he likes being able to really bite it (he doesnt go out so probably misses the grazing action). 1 brick a day costs about 70p. Hope that helps.

Alfiepie

Visit site
Our 2 have lucie brix mainly in winter to help alleviate boredom - they are supposed to last quite a while - errr not with our 2 more like 3 mins max - they love them!!! I give them one for a treat or if the weather is bad and I have to bring them in early. - note to self will get a couple out tomorrow! I love Simple Systems food and my haffy who is fed on SS food looks fab - he takes his SS food any day over a haynet

WelshD

Visit site
I like the idea of these as an emergency hay supply, the idea being that I cant fit any more hay bales in my store but these brix in bags could be tucked up in the eves between the hay bales and the roof so take up less room but be there if needed. If not needed I am guessing they will keep for at least a while

Daytona

Visit site
I give my horse 1 a night soaked in a good few lt of water it then turns to a large bucketful of wet grass, just to help my horse get plenty of Fiber and for weight gain

He likes it and slowly picks through the bucket during the night. It cost me around £7 for a bag about 12 I think so not really that expensive

jaijai

Visit site
Have just ordered some more for the winter. We have restricted turnout during the winter so really only use them to relieve boredom on days when he is in. We pop one into hay net in with the hay. Didn't try soaking them last year but might try it this year. Love the simple systems feed - our boy looks really well on it.

Cedars

Visit site
Pony has her first ATM, been there a few days, she wont chew it in a haynet (our nets are thick and small holed though) and on the floor it gets mucky! Still working out a system.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Thanks everyone :)

I think I'll give them a try, although knowing mine, they probably will eat them in 2 minutes or less :rolleyes:

Ludoctro- I didn't realise you could soak them, that sounds like a great idea to try though.

Cedars- as mine live out, I was going to put one in their feed buckets after they've eaten so that they don't get mucky. Don't know if that would work for you?

Purple18

Visit site
Last edited: