Simple Systems Ltd....opinions/experiences please

MissJessica

Visit site
Hi

I have a native & I'm looking to feed more naturally so my boy gets all the nutrients & vitamins he needs without the sugars, Simple Systems sounds good...(although not sure on soaking-a lot of effort & trusting someone else to do it when I'm away) anyone with any experiences they could share?

Thank you.

Depp_by_Chocolate

www.northeastequine.co.uk
I had my horses on it at one stage but I can't remember it being any better or any worse than other feed. I didn't find the soaking a chore but I did find the product expensive as there were no stockists near me and I had to order it direct from them.

wiglet

Visit site
I used it a few years ago. My horses did eat it/like it but at the time there were no stockist near me so it was a real faff getting hold of the stuff. Soaking it was never a problem because you just put all the feed in one bucket and soak overnight (for breakfast) then soak all day and feed in evening.

There is a stockist near to me now but, TBH it's easier to feed molasses free/additive free stuff now - every feed manufacturer seems to be doing something :)

Scarlett

Visit site
The only product you need to soak is Pura-beet, the lucern nuts and grass nuts can all be fed dry or damp, I find they go mushy after a few minutes in water, though I usually feed them mixed in dry. Obv if you have a vetran or similar then they may need to be soaked but even then they dont take that long to go soft.

Mine always do well on SS feeds, I'd feed that above most other stuff on the market. The Red Grass nuts in particular are great.

PorkChop

Visit site
Much the same experience as others really, liked the feed and the horses ate it well. However the stockist was not the closest, so in the end it turned into a hassle and I stopped using it.

LCH611

Visit site
The only product you need to soak is Pura-beet, the lucern nuts and grass nuts can all be fed dry or damp, I find they go mushy after a few minutes in water, though I usually feed them mixed in dry. Obv if you have a vetran or similar then they may need to be soaked but even then they dont take that long to go soft.

Mine always do well on SS feeds, I'd feed that above most other stuff on the market. The Red Grass nuts in particular are great.

I would be quite careful about feeding dry grass nuts in case they cause choke as they do expand a great deal when soaked.

NativePonyLover

Visit site
I really, really liked it for my NF but struggled to source it locally and because of that, it became a faff for me!

I now feed Allen and Page Fast Fibre & a GP supplement and magnesium. To be honest, FF is amazing and only needs to be soaked for 30-60 seconds.

Scarlett

Visit site
I would be quite careful about feeding dry grass nuts in case they cause choke as they do expand a great deal when soaked.

I have one that wont eat anything soaked so has to eat them dry, the others just get them mixed through their feeds so they end up damp anyway. My point was you don't need to soak them seperately like you do beet to feed them, mixing them in damp chaff is enough to make them soft.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I fed their Lucie Nuts (I think - it was an alfalfa feed anyway) for a while. Horse hated them. SS rep kept telling me that if I just left him with it for long enough, he would realise he wasn't getting anything else and eat it. Nope. They're also a complete pain to soak. You put the same number of nuts/bricks in a bucket each day and some days they need loads of water, other days very little and you end up with just green water.

I gave up after 12 months (horse used to just kick over his feed and walk away in disgust) and went onto D&H Safe & Sound, which is a lovely feed.

Also didn't help that the horse developed an allergy/intolerance to alfalfa while on SS :/

fatponee

Visit site
Have you had a look at Pure Feeds? I feed my Welshie Pure Easy and he's looking great on it. Would highly recommend and they deliver too!

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
I considered switching over, but found them to be a little patronising and critical when I approached them for advice. When I mentioned my horse doesn't like alfalfa, they still recommended alfalfa rich products. Got put of so never gave it a go.

chaps89

Visit site
Highly highly rate it.
Had an ex-racer sent to my mum as a companion, arrived looking like this:

Went back looking like this:

He was turned out 24/7 on average grazing, and only fed the recommended dose of their Top Nosh, don't think we had him more than 2 or 3 months at most. The photos speak for themselves for me.
Had my boy on it but changed due to having to have it delivered direct & being so expensive, recently discovered it's stocked locally to me so would be going back to it were horse not be due to pts at the end of summer and will be inclined to try new horse on it if I get one.

googol

Visit site
I'm using it for my good doer as I wanted to get him off sugars and onto something worth Alfafa for a number of reasons. Stated him on Timothy chop purabeet and high fibre cubes,he hated it and I felt awful. Changed the Timothy chop to just grass which helped a bit but I can tell he stillisn't impressed so I got some justamint today and it didn't make alot of difference. I will persevere tho I'm imagining it to be like taking the sugar out of ur tea, just need to adjust!he was previously on cherry chaffand cool mix(cringe!) He also gets linseed. Unfortunately we don't have much to choose from in my area but I would try pure feeds if I could given the reviews