Simple Systems/ Pure feeds-experiences, good +bad please!

kezimac

Visit site
i soak them as they like the taste of them so much that they eat them so fast they can choke if you feed them without soaking - they only take an hour - although i do mine night before.

wellsat

Visit site
I feed SS Top Nosh as a conditioning feed and G is looking really well on it. I get alot of comments on how shiny he is. I went for TopNosh over their other feeds because he isn't a big eter and he won't eat wet food. TopNosh is pelleted so it suits him much better.

Jo C

Visit site
Mine wouldn't eat SS at all after a couple of weeks and lost so much weight on it that I changed back to Happy Hoof and High Fibre cubes as he is a laminitic. Even my vet was shocked at how quickly he lost weight on the SS feeds so no I wouldn't feed it again.

YorkshireLady

Visit site
My welsh boy was fantastic on SS, using the lucie nuts and total eclipse....until we were working up a level dressage...and the amount of food needed to keep condition on was just silly

I NEVER over soaked....in winter just added the sugar beet to it...and that was enough in summer only a little water and about 30 mins before feeding is fine...think the sloppy soak for ages is not that nice

HollyP

Visit site
Pure Feeds all the way, its so easy and they tell you all the ingredients which a lot of companies dont! Noticed when I bought me recent lot that the price has gone up but there is now no delivery charge (worked out the same so doesnt make a difference) I really rate the feed very very happy customer and horsey!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I use SS Luci-Cob in place of a "normal" chaff (ie, instead of Hifi or Alfa A). It takes about an hour to soak; I usually soak enough for 2 days (he doesn't get a lot, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 a scoop daily when soaked) unless it's really warm as it goes off then. I couldn't feed it as a forage replacer - my horse wouldn't graze on something like that over a period of hours, he would just eat it all in one go then ask for hay afterwards.

I wasn't sure about SS stuff to start with. He hated it (I was trying to switch him from Alfa A to pure alfalfa) and refused to eat it for a couple of weeks so had to wean him onto it gradually. Then he was choosy with it, would only eat it when really hungry. Now he loves it and has forgotten about normal chaff :)

kezimac

Visit site
hi princess sparkle - just wondering what you opted for in the end???? - I have decided to give Pure Feeds a go and my feed should be here tomorrow - just wondering if anyone else had gone to them and what their opinions were - Mine is used to high fibre low sugar so shouldnt have issue with her eating it - I am hoping to cut down my supplements on it.

whizzer

Visit site
Been dithering over trying pure for a while... However if you're horse isn't a big eater I would forget SS! I tried it on my TB,admittedly he's uber fussy but doesn't have a big appetite at the best if times & I really struggled to get him to eat any more than a few mouthfuls a night if the SS, let alone the huge amount that he should've been consuming!
Ended up binning it all!

lannerch

Visit site
I have bought 10 bags of pure condition ( taking advantage of the 50% off introductory offer ) even at full price on the rate pure feeds personally recommended I feed ( 2kg

lannerch

Visit site
Sorry posted too soon iPhone has a will of it's own! Was saying they recommended my 17.2 eventer was fed 2kg a day which is less than the sports mix Alfa a and biotin I was feeding before so even at full price works out slightly cheaper.
My horse likes it eats it all, and so far has been very well behaved on it even after several days off so so far so good. :)