sinusitus

parsley

Visit site
Vet came out to do routine dental work on Bomber's teeth today and says he has sinisitus. He is going to have a course of anitbiotics but I was thinking inhalations might help as well.

Is anyone able to tell me how to do this and any idea for what he could inhale? I should have asked the vet this but as bomber was quite sedated I was more concerned that he didn't fall over or strangle himself on the door
blush.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Youre best to get some inhalers and a spacer off the vet, I cant remember the names of the ones you need. Ones brown and ones green (I think). For a large horse it can be anything between 2 - 7 puffs in each nostril, of both. The vet will alter it to suit the condition.

parsley

Visit site
Sorry - I should have been more specific - I was wondering about steam inhalation to help clear any gunk. He has had a tooth removed on the infected side and the vet has asked me to get the owner to give permission to release his records so we can see why - he said that if the antibiotics don't work the next step is a head X ray. Hopefully the vet would recommend an inhaler if he thinks it would be worth it.

I was just wondering about steam inhalation, possibly with stuff in it after reading a few articles.

fmay

Visit site
Daughter had chiropractor to check horses back - chiropractor then tapped horse a few times between the eyes and said she'd cleared the sinuses!
Me - cynical? Nooooooo.....