Six yo BD classes

bugsysmum

Visit site
Hi everyone
smile.gif

Wonder if anyone could tell me where to look for six year old classes i.e. which venues do them and when they are run.
I've never done anything so high follutin' (sp?) but my trainer tells me I should give it a bash next year!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I'm in Cambridgeshire so any venues close by would be great!
Thanks in advance
wink.gif
grin.gif

Worried1

Visit site
There are lots of different types depending on the sponser but we did the National 5 & 6 year-old classes last year with Diva and Blitz, we went to one at Fenning Farm as well as some in the South-East.
They are not judged like a normal dressage test with a mark for each movement and collectives at the end. Instead you get an overall mark out of 10 for Walk, Trot, Canter and General Impression (there might be another one but I can't remember! They then take the average which goes forward as your final mark.
Diva got 7.35 for one and Blitz got 7.44.
We took Diva to the final at Addington whivch was brilliant fun - we didn't get placed but it was great to be there!
There are lots of different series which are run, check the BD website for more details.
Good Luck!

bugsysmum

Visit site
Thanks very much - although I think Fenning may not do them any more since the new owners took over.
It would be the national classes that I'm aiming for - can't see anything in the schedules on the website yet - does this mean there aren't any at the moment?
Anyone have any ideas when these things run?
Thanks again

spam

New User
Visit site
Shearwater Young Horse Classes run March to end of May - BD allocate qualifiers to venues and then usually list them in the magazine after the schedules Finals are held at the BD Breeding Championships in June. Tests are different for National and International level but both require half passes and flying changes from the six year olds. Classes are judged by a list one judge and a trainer from a preselected list. To qualify for the champs you must achieve over 6.5 and come first, second or third Hope that helps - Good Luck

HBDUK

New User
Visit site
The international test is the FEI test so has flying changes and half passes but the national one is set out by BD and is an easier alternative.
The national 6 yo is more novice/elem level with medium trot and canter and simple changes. No flying changes or half passes.