size of my yearling

copescoloureds

New User
Visit site
my yearling has just been gelded he is going to be 12 months old on the 13th may and he is standing at 14hh iv seen his parents and they are both sports horse types and are both well over 16hh is this a good size?iv had loads of yearlings and work with young horses but im hoping to show him but i dont want to take him and look tiny compared to other yearlings. wish i had kept a record of all the youngsters growing stages i think im being critical about my little fellow its just hes all legs and my others have all been cob crosses or warmbloods. any one with any yearlings size and pics would be great thanks.
confused.gif
  • grin.gif

Pixxie

Visit site
i wouldnt worry, my friends filly is a british warmblood
as a yearling, she stood at 14.2hh she is now 2 years old and stands at 16hh so she is going to be a big lass
her sire is Foxcourt Andante
x

Magicmadge

Visit site
My filly will be 2 in July and at 1 she was 14hh now she is just over 15hh so another inch or so before she's 2. Anything up to another hand between 2 and maturity, so I'm expecting her to make at least 16.1. Having said that different breeds grow at different rates and parents and grandparents heights come in to play on final size of offspring.

welshied

Visit site
My 2 year old was 13.3hh at 18 months and he will be two on the 13th and he is now standing just over 14.2hh he is a welsh. I would think yours will make over 16hh I don't think he will looke small against the others

ischa

Visit site
well mine is coming up for a year old on the 26th may and is standing 14.3 on withers and 15.1 on bum

rocketdog69

Visit site
My boy was 15h at 12 months old. He isnt 2 until the 13th of Jul and is already 16.1h. Think he's going to be a whopper! Might need a crane when it comes to riding him! lol

Sambertino

www.flaxlion.com
Here are some pictures of our boy (Don Ricoss - Brentano II), he's 16.0hh now at 13 months
shocked.gif

He was 40" inches tall when he was born, not sure where he will end up!!

canter_web.JPG

dillon_head_web.JPG

dillon_april_leap.JPG

dillon_april_stand.JPG

copescoloureds

New User
Visit site
thanks for your replys going off the parents and grandparents theroy he should make 16hh to 16.2hh now the weather is better he will be turned out more so hopfully that will help bulk him up a bit at the moment he is bum high so i dont think that helps when i look at him.
laugh.gif