sj/eventer stallion choice

jdrewery

Visit site
Hi, im looking at putting my swedish warmblood mare in foal, she has competed at 2* successfully, her first foal is also a international showjumper so i am looking for a stallio nthat is dual purpose that could go down either depending how it turned out, any suggestions?

koeffee

Visit site
Bellegrace Equine on facebook also have 2 super stallions Elthuder and Craig?! also Brendon stud stallions.

Simsar

Visit site
Billy Congo might suit we wanted the same thing on our Holst mare who evented 3* int and bred 2 int grade A's, the now yearling is something special!!

Aredis

Visit site
Having never seen your mare this is just a couple of my own ideas you may like to look at.

We have had success breeding with Jaguar Mail and also like the look of Jack of Diamonds at Lissava Stud.

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Herald by heraldik - Int SJ
Puissance

Possibly Clinton if your mare is blood enough as he has a fair bit of TB and SF& jumps derbys

legend22

Visit site
Meadow stud have some lovely stallions and are very helpful. Have used Cashpoint and Chaos on a Grade A Irish mare and both are lovely quality youngsters with good, sensible attitudes. Friends have also used Chaos and Landstanzer and both very nice youngsters. Have won in hand at top County shows and good attitudes.
The Balou du Rouet filly we have is also stunning but is a little bit of a madam!
Not loosed jumped any of them yet!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Meadow stud have some lovely stallions and are very helpful. Have used Cashpoint and Chaos on a Grade A Irish mare and both are lovely quality youngsters with good, sensible attitudes. Friends have also used Chaos and Landstanzer and both very nice youngsters. Have won in hand at top County shows and good attitudes.
The Balou du Rouet filly we have is also stunning but is a little bit of a madam!
Not loosed jumped any of them yet!

I've used Cash Point and Chaos, excellent choices :) Also used Landtanzer and Irco Lhee... had beautiful foals by all the Meadow Stallions :)

jdrewery

Visit site
VOLATIS, she by a thoroughbred stallion called Homosassa xx and dam sire is Diedron a trakhener, her international offspring is called Ranee ii and by Randi, she was placed in 7 year old classes in spain and france last year. Jaguar mail does look nice but a bit rangy and Jack of Diamonds looks nice. Im looking at improving her front end as btetr neck required and a better fornt leg although never been lame. Quite liking Grafenstolz, Jumbo, Irco Mena, and Landor s

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Interesting pedigree. I see she also has Quite Easy further back so plenty of jump there, but also thats where she may have a slightly upright fore leg from. From your list, Landor S would certainly improve the neck set and good ridability, but you would be totally relying on the blood you need for a dual purpose horse to come from your mare.
Looking at a Trakehner stallion is something I would do and Grafenstolz is certainly very popular and actually wouldnt be a bad choice for giving a good neck set. However I would also look at Axis who will most certainly retain the jumping ability, improve the front end - both neck set and fore leg, but also will give you very good correct movement.
Axis is British owned by Bluewood Stud http://www.trakehners.co.uk/ but is standing abroad as he is competing at Grand Prix internationally.
Another stallion they own that would give you jumping scope, big movement and again a good front end is Tycoon. I have two of his offspring and really rate him but Axis would give better ridability as the Tycoon's can be a little sharper.
Also off your list Irco Mena is such an under used stallion and I think if you contact Gustavi Stud they will really be able to tell you how well he would fit in with your mares pedigree.

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Wow what impeccable thoroughbred lines, amazing!

What about Fleetwater Opposition as there is still frozen. He has grade A SJ's as well as top eventers?
Then you can keep the blood in the foal, rather than adding too much warmblood.