sj instructors yorkshire

georgiegirl

Visit site
Hi,

Im looking for any recommendations please? Im based in york so would prefer someone who was willing to travel although I'd probably be happy to travel up to an hour.

Saw a video on steven whitaker the other day and really liked his style. does anyone have an experience of him? think they are based out barnsley way if im not mistaken?

georgiegirl

Visit site
yep thats a bit far for me! takes me at least an hour and a half to get over that side of the country n thats just in the car! funny her name cropped up......my mum used to keep horses years and years ago with her when we lived in wigan.

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
Tracey Newman is excellent, particularly if you have a young/novice horse. Worth the trip.

Stephen is good but very, very busy and you might have trouble getting booked in with him.

Alan Fazakerley is also excellent, near Manchester though, and spending most of his time now in Essex at Sally's yard so again might be difficult to get.

What about Louise Whitaker? I don't think she's on the accredited coaches list but I've heard she's good (no first hand experience).

There are no accredited trainers listed in Yorkshire surprisingly!

georgiegirl

Visit site
Ive no experience of alan but they are running clinics with him over at askham bryan college, literally 10 mins down the road. 60 quid for a 45 min session though.......I better start getting someovertime in at work! lol

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
He is/was my trainer so I'm a tad biased.
wink.gif
That sounds about right for him - he'll usually give you time to warm up and cool off outside of the session though, at least he does at home, so 45 minutes is plenty.

Gamebird

Visit site
Have heard a lot of good reports of Joe Whitaker recently, though by my reckoning he must barely be out of ponies! I asked something similar last year as though I'm a wee bit east of you I was also looking for a SJing instructor. I was surprised by how few there were for such a horsey area of the country. I ended up with Heidi Woodhead at Sheriff Hutton, who I have found to be excellent, but I'm more eventing biased. For odd sessions Steven Hadley comes to Bishop Burton 4 or 5 times a year and is also very good.

tilly17

Visit site
Steve Hadley is at Bishop Burton next Thursday and Friday, he is really good and goes there every couple of months - £45 for 1 1/2hrs shared session. Also Gary Parsonage is very good and based near Beverley.

georgiegirl

Visit site
yes ive had lessons with heidi in the past (im in claxton so she is literally over the road!)

my new horse has come from jolyce clancey so I think im going to go with her and see how we get on
smile.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
yes ive had lessons with heidi in the past (im in claxton so she is literally over the road!)

my new horse has come from jolyce clancey so I think im going to go with her and see how we get on
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, very similar neck of the woods then! You're a bit closer to Heidi than me though. I know Jolyse fairly well but have never had a lesson from her (would be a bit weird I think!) or her mother, both come with fairly good reports. Which horse have you bought?