SJ report - Back out competing after a looooong break

Cullohill

photobucket.com
well this is my first post for a very long time.

I am now a mummy to 4 month old twins so I haven't been riding for quite a while!!!

I now just have my gorgeous Gator who i bought as a 4 year 6 months before i was pregnant. I brought her on did a bit of everything handful of competitions BS and BD then she had nearly a year off from riding and i just ticked her over lunging.

I managed to get back on 17 days after giving birth :) I did only do a small amount to start with building mine and Gators fitness back up. I've been out for a dressage lesson and had a jumping lesson and decided it was time so joined BS and went out yesterday!

It was bit of a mission but dad has put isofix fittings in the living so George and Grace travel safely in their car seats and seem to like to motion of the lorry - they were so well behaved luckily afriend came along and looked after them while mum helped me warm up, but they were very good and slept mainly until i'd finished and then it was feed time!

Gator bless her was unreal. We jumped british novice and discovery (probably only jumped 2 discoveries before) and she did a double clear in each! she tried really hard even with my rusty eye seeing some dodgie strides!! was so thrilled with her.

So luckily my first outing was a good one, i am sure we'll have more stressful ones juggling being a new mum and riding but fingers crossed we'll continue to manage!

So all being well xc schooling this week another BS outing and get out to do a dressage test and we'll aim for Eland BE90 mid April our first event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to anybodys tips on babies and competing, thanks for reading good to be back :)))))

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Nice to see you back and its all going well. I find it hard enough to get just myself and the horse to an event let alone twins so all credit to you! Sounds like you have a super cool horse who will fly round the BE90.

What happened to your homebred?

KatB

Visit site
Yay! Great to see you back out and about, loving the FB updates! Gator is such a fab mare, you'kk have a great time in April I'm sure!x

ajf

Visit site
OMG thats AWESOME!

I barely manage getting to a show and I don't even have any babies!!!

Gator sounds awesome :D

Cullohill

photobucket.com
I am very lucky to have mum close to help and horses at home so can nip out to wash get ready when I can! I do try to be organised only way!

Lec - fin our home bred is out on loan he came back from surgery ok but gave him full year off and brought him back into work this yr he's obv v unfit and bit weak but seems sound just not time for him as well so lady got him for dressage and low level sj but she's not managed to loan her other horse out so he might be up for loan again soon!!

glamourpuss

Visit site
Wow! That is a serious comeback! Congratulations on the babies, you must be superwoman managing twins!
My 2 boys (not twins!) have always loved going in the horsebox even now I can use a trip in it as bribery :D

How is the gorgeous Bud getting on in his new home?

slumdog

Visit site
Wow! You must be super-mum! :) well done! I remember the days when they used to stay where I left them lol! My youngest is 3 now and after getting my first rosette for a long time (yellow-3rd) he delightfully told me to go back and get a red one because he liked red better! Lol!

I only had one but had a complicated c-section and I found my core body strength isn't as good as it was, is that something you noticed?

lex2501

Visit site
I take my hat off to you! The result in itself is a mega achievement never mind the added complication of your babies on board and the fact that you produced Gator yourself around your pregnancy. Inspirational :)

kez1001

Visit site
Wow well done :)

I have a six month old daughter and I've only managed one dressage comp without baby with us. You did fab to do it with twins with you! I hope to get back into eventing too but not sure how to juggle it all!

Cullohill

photobucket.com
Glamourpuss- bud is doing fantastic he did his first be event open intro at Aston not long ago double clear bless him but new rider has managed to make him go slow so lots time faults I miss him so much but so glad he has such an amazing home looked after like king and no pressure :)

Cullohill

photobucket.com
Slumdog-not sure on core strength yet def not as strong but seems to be getting there I was so glad didn't have c section had suction cap on first then delivered breach second so not very straight forward to glad it was that way :)