SJ training West/North Yorkshire

smurf

Visit site
I moved 2 years ago to Bramham/Wetherby and have since struggled to find someone I click with for SJ lessons. My mare is very experienced and has jumped to 1.20m but for various reasons (medical) I have recently been jumping around 90cm. So at this height she finds it all very easy. She never stops and almost never even hits a pole. She loves jumping and I love jumping her.

I am looking for someone who I can go to that I will be confident the distances are correct and that they will push me a little without trying to change my horse. I don't want to spend 20 mins 'working on my canter'. I go for regular flat lessons and do BD. When I go for a jump lesson I want to jump - mainly courses.

I have been tending to go out and hire places like Harrogate Riding Centre or Yorkshire Equestrian and just jump a few courses on my own. But I could do with being pushed a bit more.

Ideally max 40 mins from Wetherby/Bramham so don't want to be traipsing off miles. And must be a decent sized arena with a whole course

Any inspiration?

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
I’m in a similar area, but at a much lower level - instructors I’ve used who could suit your criteria:

Christie Batty (‘B Equine’) does various clinics, both independent and through York & district RC round York area.
Hazel Towers? (5* eventer and fairly gung-ho!). She does a fair few things, mainly through Harewood Combined Training Group. It may also be worth looking at the trainers HCTG get in for clinics (or joining them!) as my impression is their membership are primarily working at your sort of level.
Lucy Thompson (at Pennine View Stud, Beckwithshaw). Have only had a couple of lessons with her through my RC but I’d assume does independent things!
Carly Mason (based at Lindrick Livery and does her own SJ/ XC clinics there, plus travels for individual instruction).
Claire Rowland (based at Queen Margaret’s School, next to Escrick).

RHM

Visit site
A tiny bit over your distance but Andrew Walker in Halifax is very good, has a massive indoor and a full set of very colourful jumps.
Victoria Ward near Huddersfield does X-country and showjumping at a number of different venues in the area too.

Batgirl

Visit site
I’m in a similar area, but at a much lower level - instructors I’ve used who could suit your criteria:

Christie Batty (‘B Equine’) does various clinics, both independent and through York & district RC round York area.
Hazel Towers? (5* eventer and fairly gung-ho!). She does a fair few things, mainly through Harewood Combined Training Group. It may also be worth looking at the trainers HCTG get in for clinics (or joining them!) as my impression is their membership are primarily working at your sort of level.
Lucy Thompson (at Pennine View Stud, Beckwithshaw). Have only had a couple of lessons with her through my RC but I’d assume does independent things!
Carly Mason (based at Lindrick Livery and does her own SJ/ XC clinics there, plus travels for individual instruction).
Claire Rowland (based at Queen Margaret’s School, next to Escrick).

Also in the area ? hi!

Also add to the list Tracey Garside and second the HCTG - they are a competitive bunch and get good instructors.