Skin bumps

Nudibranch

Visit site
Dec 22-Jan 23 my Dales mare had a nasty respiratory virus which took a few months to get over. Ever since, she's had raised bumps over her skin, like small hives but slightly scabby. They vary in numbers and have mostly shrunk over time but are still there. They're not itchy or sore, and don't bother her at all but they won't go away. They go from the neck to the quarters, no worse under the saddle area. No difference summer or winter, whether clipped or summer coat, rugged or not. Vet was a bit stumped. I've tried taking out each element of her feed with no difference, and no feed at all. Her general coat is much more flaky as well. She has copra and usually linseed although she's currently off the linseed to see if there's any difference (there isn't so far, and that's the last thing I have taken out).

We did move in the spring of 22, although as far as I can remember the bumps didn't appear until after she had the virus. She is almost certainly P3/P4. Any suggestions?!

ETS I thought I'd posted this in veterinary but the forum runs really badly on my phone and apparently it's in tack room!

GypsGal1718

Visit site
Sorry I don’t know how to advise you but I hope it gets better, possibly a reaction to plants in the grass?

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
Try Naked Horse skin tonic to give her skin a boost if all her skin is flaky.

My mare had really bad hives on and off. I think it was feed and eliminated it but now looking back think it is also stress related. Saddle woes and a new home. Her whole immune system needed a boost afterwards.

I use goodbye Flies to wash her and naked horse products.