Skinny leggy child best saddle ?

katef2020

Visit site
Any advice for what's worked for you ? My skinny, leggy ( long thigh) but tiny (5.5 stone) daughter is ( after a growth spurt ) being put into a chair seat in pretty much all saddles she sits in except a dressage one. As she jumps I am trying to find something with stirrup points farther back so her leg hangs down in right place rather than pushed forwards. We're using 16 or 16.5 seat, as she needs enough flap to take up her leg, and 15 seems to always have diddy flaps which are too small although her bum easily fits the seat.
Anyone else had this problem and any solutions found ? Thanks .

oldie48

Visit site
We had a sort of similar problem with my daughter's saddle. she was tall and long from hip to knee riding a 14.2 pony which would only take a 16" saddle. We had a jaguar saddle made to measure which was more forward cut to take up the length of her thigh. It worked well for her. We tried numerous makes of saddle but just couldn't find one that fitted her and the pony.

Darkwater

Visit site
I have a 16" Kent and Masters pony club saddle, in the long leg version. It has worked really well for me and my youngster now that we need something more forward cut than the dressage saddle she was broken in

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
If the saddle otherwise fits horse and rider you can put a small loop of leather onto the bars to bring the stirrup leather back. Jump saddles are designed to balance the rider (shoulder-hip-heel then not strictly possible as shoulders are forwards :)) in light seat/2 point so she will be slightly in chair seat when sitting normally, hence they're not always ideal for also using for flatwork. Velcro blocks will also help, bringing them back for flatwork/longer stirrups.