Skull Caps for Oval Heads?

jm2k

Visit site
Has to be junior fittings as most adults are too deep and end up on my eyes, but struggling to find a skull for a fairly narrow, oval head.
Daily riding is a brilliant Just Togs dial hat but with the regulations of no peaks in XC, I cant wear it :(

Any ideas what makes / brands to try please?

Squeak

Visit site
Not all the Charles Owen and Champion are oval, the J3 from Charles Owen is but you might find it too deep.

Umbongo

Visit site
I have a Charles Owen J3 and a Gatehouse HS1.....but must stress that not all Charles Owens (or other brands) will fit the same shape head, they have various styles of hat within their range to suit a variety of head shapes, so go to a tack shop and get someone their to fit one for you :)

jm2k

Visit site
I have a Charles Owen J3 and a Gatehouse HS1.....but must stress that not all Charles Owens (or other brands) will fit the same shape head, they have various styles of hat within their range to suit a variety of head shapes, so go to a tack shop and get someone their to fit one for you :)

thats the problem, most of the shops near have a very limited supply so cant try many different ones on as they all same to stock just a couple :/

going to ring around tomorrow and see if i can get two or three shops covered but they all quite a few miles away, but this saves me a bit if they only stock one brand which isnt suitable so i can miss that shop :)

Tash88

Visit site
Again Charles Owen, I was recently heartbroken when the Ayr 8 I tried on didn't fit me because it was too oval. I ended up with a Champion (which is very nice too) so probably wouldn't recommend those for oval heads.

Herts05

Visit site
Try Pro Tector. They do made to measure through the post. A friend of mine used this and says she has never had such a comfortable hat. Give them a call for details

littlemare_

Visit site
My oval fixed peak got stolen so i bought a skull cap in the same size, but it moves about xc/jumping. Its a champion.

Ive been told to go for charles owen, i tried one on and they seem a much better fit :D

jm2k

Visit site
Try Pro Tector. They do made to measure through the post. A friend of mine used this and says she has never had such a comfortable hat. Give them a call for details

Fab looking hats especially if made to measure but huge price is out of my range :(
Different if I was competing or regularly riding XC but not for fun a few times a year.

Gazen

Visit site
Find a good Charles Owen stockist and you will almost certainly find something to fit. I think I tried on just about every hat in the shop to get something to find my head.