Sky an update

Goldenstar

Visit site
This morning I turned him out he went nuts bucking and playing like a loon Fatty tottered after him for a few minutes and then gave up and just watched . They then spent ages grooming each other which sweet to watch .
It was a a lovely afternoon and they grazed and Sky spent ages browsing in the hedges .
At three thirty I brought them in and gave Sky a clean up 😞 greys who would have one .
I sorted out some tack and then lunged him getting him into all the corners of the school .
Then I deployed a good young rider used to popping on strange horses she worked him for twenty minutes walk trot and canter no problems .
He then had a hours break and I hacked him out with H for company .
He was really very good lots to work on but behaviour wise excellent .
He will be worked twice a day for a while .
He’s out tonight with Fatty in a paddock I will integrate him into our little herd in a few days when they have all been stabled next to him and hacked out with him .
So far so good .
He’s out to night if I can keep him out a month it will be a great help
He out tonight if I can keep him out a month that would be great .
The first goals are get the hacking sorted he needs to march forward more for himself I did not carry a whip today but I will tomorrow.
And he needs to go to gym on the lunge to raise his back more get his abdominals working and stretch more .
Everything I have seen today makes me feel this horses intentions are good and with horses and the people training them intent is all .
First goal weather permitting load up for travel to the forest for a long hack on Sunday .

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Sounds like a very positive first day.

For photos you can now put directly on the post. As long as the file size is small, select the box with a mountain and sun in it when posting and you can upload straight from the computer.

southerncomfort

Visit site
He sounds very level headed.

I enjoyed reading about how you are settling him in to a routine. I know their are no hard and fast rules regarding the settling in period, but it sounds like you've got it spot on with Sky and consequently he is dealing with all the recent changes in his life really well.

Really pleased for you.

Annagain

Visit site
I'd missed that you had a new one GS. I'm very jealous. Was he in the West Mids? I think I phoned about him but someone was viewing him that day and I got told later on they'd left a deposit - damn you! A blessing in disguise though as I'd really rather not have a grey. Welcome to the blue shampoo gang!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sounds like a very positive first day.

For photos you can now put directly on the post. As long as the file size is small, select the box with a mountain and sun in it when posting and you can upload straight from the computer.

You can also use the attach files button at the bottom of the edit box for a post and that will take you to the pictures stored on your phone/tablet and you can just click on one and it will upload it to your post. Then click 'full size' and it will appear in your post. Useful if the icons don't light up, which they often don't for me for some reason.

So you could pop outside and take a picture of him with your phone for us all to see him in his new home 🙂