Sleep Tight old boy

rara007

Visit site
I put to sleep our old lab this afternoon :( He was over 14 and a big dog lab so pretty good going. He was never ill bar one hotspot as a young dog, a vestibular episode 18 months ago and a tooth root abscess about 6 months ago and his only surgery was his castration! Lived the life of Riley, pottered about home and the fields around home and rarely had cause to leave which is fortunate as he hated vets! He had a seizure last Monday and although he recovered almost instantly it’s never good news in a dog of his age. As much as it’s a privilege to let him go at home with just the family he knows around it’s a tough gig. It’s a very empty house without him :(
A8D83BB1-D467-4471-BD50-FCCD58F050FD.jpeg

{97702}

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this, but what a fabulous life he sounds to have had :) Such a handsome boy and a really good age too.

You are very brave doing it yourself, not something I could manage to do :(

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I put to sleep our old lab this afternoon :( He was over 14 and a big dog lab so pretty good going. He was never ill bar one hotspot as a young dog, a vestibular episode 18 months ago and a tooth root abscess about 6 months ago and his only surgery was his castration! Lived the life of Riley, pottered about home and the fields around home and rarely had cause to leave which is fortunate as he hated vets! He had a seizure last Monday and although he recovered almost instantly it’s never good news in a dog of his age. As much as it’s a privilege to let him go at home with just the family he knows around it’s a tough gig. It’s a very empty house without him :(
View attachment 30785
sorry for your loss, sleep tight little man, will be hard for you for a while :(

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Gorgeous boy, what a wonderful life he sounds like he had with you. Sorry for the space left in your lives xx

Moobli

Visit site
What a lovely boy and he led a perfect life and was surrounded by those who loved him most at the end. He was a very lucky dog. I am so sorry for your loss x

MuddyTB

Visit site
Sorry for your loss, it's awful when they have to go. Looks like your boy had the very best and a good long life.