Sleep Wagging (Restless Tail Syndrome -ha ha)

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Our youngest Labrador, The Yellow Peril, wags her tail in her sleep...alot. 😍 She used to do this occasionally but now does it most nap times and each night, sometimes it is just a tip wag, sometimes a full on bottom wiggling wag 🐾. She often wags herself awake and yesterday evening I had to hold onto her tail to keep it still because it was thudding so loudly I couldn't hear the tv. She is in rude health and not on meds so I don't think this is a medical thing, I just think she's a very happy soul and dreams nice dreams. Her tail barely stops wagging when she's awake. Does anyone else's dog do this??

{97702}

Visit site
Islay was the best at sleep tail-wagging, she used to do it a lot, it was lovely ❤️ The others do it occasionally, they also wuff in their sleep and chase things.

I’ve noticed it gets a lot more as the dog gets older, before I lost little Flick I always had her and Amy competing all night as they slept on my bed! Now it’s just Amy & little Millie who stays as still as anything. The boys sleep in the sitting room & I often hear them dreaming in the night 😊

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Spot never did this and she was the happiest dog whose tail was never still when she was awake...Jake doesn't do it either but he's far more reserved...Spot was a twitcher and Jake sometimes yelps in his sleep but The Yellow Peril takes it to a whole new level...tail wagging, smiling, running, snoring very loudly and pulling the strangest faces. Spot quite often fell to sleep on her back with all four legs in the air, then one of her front legs would begin to drop and she'd sort of clout herself in the face with it, she would half wake up, growl at her leg, stick it back up in the air and start all over again, it was the funniest thing to watch. 🐾😍❤️🐾. She's very sorely missed. 😢🐾