Sleep well Ffion

scats

Visit site
I found my beautiful hamster Ffion passed away this morning. I think it was very sudden as she was still full of life and climbing and running on her wheel last night. At about 10.30pm I did hear an odd squeak from her while I was in bed, but didn’t think any more of it, but I’ve just found her passed away just outside of her wheel. I’m wondering if she may have had a heart attack.
She was a rescue hamster from a local sanctuary, around 2 years, so she’s had a good innings.
I will miss her so much :(
C236AF36-43F7-4398-A532-8AA12E869A93.jpeg

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's not just the hole in your heart, it's also getting used to her not being in your life. And that some people don't understand how deeply you can grieve a pet.

Animals seems so much better than us at living in the moment, and I'm sure she was so happy over the good life she had with you. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Thank you all. I sometimes feel daft being a grown up with a hamster but they are such lovely little animals.
Ffion was extra special- so inquisitive and always out to say hello the second she heard my voice. I will miss her so much.

More {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}, sounds like Ffion was an excellent example of that large personalities sometimes comes in small packages. And she clearly showed that you meant something positive to her.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with adults owning hamsters, if they suit you as pets, they suit you.

Griffin

Visit site
She was such a beautiful girl, rest well Ffion.

I am a middle aged woman and I have had hamsters for most of my life. I lost my last one at Easter and I am just waiting for the next one to find me. They are such lovely pets and have great characters. I always think hamsters are very interactive and really become part of the family with their antics. So many hamsters have horrible lives in tiny cages, I think it is lovely when someone gives them a happy life like you did for Ffion.