Sleep well, little hamster

scats

Visit site
In April 2018 I adopted 2 little Robo hamsters from the Pets at Home adoption centre. They were about 4 months old and had been dropped in by someone who no longer wanted them. I’ve always had Syrian hamsters but I kept going back in to visit them and decided I was going to have them. What fabulous pets they have been! I had to separate them early on but they have lived in large neighbouring tanks ever since. They had both noticeably aged a lot over the last few months and last night I lost B.B. (as in B.B King). It seems he just fell asleep and died. He was 2 years and 8 months!
His brother, Buddy Guy, is still soldiering on!
B.B was a lovely little chap and I will miss him a lot. I took this picture just a few days ago.

Attachments

• C164CDD2-6C09-40B2-9291-0FEA2CF1A450.jpeg
    C164CDD2-6C09-40B2-9291-0FEA2CF1A450.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 17

Baywonder

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read you have lost BB. These tiny, furry little creatures cause the utmost heartbreak when we lose them. As my vet once told me, a week is a very long time in hamster years, so for BB to reach 2 years and 8 months you must have been doing something right.

RIP little BB. :(

Bellasophia

Visit site
Sleep tight little man.

Is the Syrian hamster also known as a gerbil?our lab tech used to keep these at school..great little characters.They were much loved by the children and She taught them how much care was needed to give them a healthy ,happy life. So many kids take these pets home without realizing their diet,excercise and interaction needs.
Your little BB certainly did you proud.

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
Sleep tight little man.

Is the Syrian hamster also known as a gerbil?our lab tech used to keep these at school..great little characters.They were much loved by the children and She taught them how much care was needed to give them a healthy ,happy life. So many kids take these pets home without realizing their diet,excercise and interaction needs.
Your little BB certainly did you proud.
No gerbils are a different type of animal. I used to get to take the school pet gerbils home for the holidays. We looked after them so well they asked if we wanted to keep them. Then they gave us the school budgie as well...
I love hamsters too. They are like little bears.

scats

Visit site
Thank you all, it’s amazing how such a small creature can steal your heart isn’t it. His little friend Buddy is still going strong, though I have noticed he has a little growth starting on his face so I will have to keep an eye on that.

Lynnfigaro

Visit site
Thank you all, it’s amazing how such a small creature can steal your heart isn’t it. His little friend Buddy is still going strong, though I have noticed he has a little growth starting on his face so I will have to keep an eye on that.
Thank goodness there are people like you in the world who care for the little creatures no matter how small they are.