Sleep Well Muttley Rabbit

Chavhorse

Visit site
Very sadly James and I made the decision that our much loved Muttley Rabbit would be leaving us today.

He has always been a troubled soul since I found him as a stray in Cyprus 8 years ago and as he has got older he has become more unpredictable, more nervous of change and has started biting.

After a lot of thought and discussion with our Vet we decided the kindest thing we can do for him was to take him for a long walk this afternoon, slip him some sedatives and then take him to our lovely vet to be put to sleep rather than put him through the stress of moving and the danger of him biting someone in the UK and his future being taken out of our hands.

At least this way he went in a safe environment with people who love him holding him till the end.

It has been a very hard and very sad day for us both.

Run free our lovely boy and we hope whatever demons you had have now left you in peace, we love you lots, wait for us at the Bridge xxx

muttleyrabbit.jpg

Native Speaker

Visit site
Was thinking about you today ........:( Both you and your OH made a very brave decision ......... and it's one that is never easy, no matter the circumstances.

RIP, Muttley Rabbit. Sleep tight, big man. :(

C xx

Hedwards

Visit site
What an incredibly brave thing to do for him, and you have my thoughts and condolences.

Sleep well Muttley Rabbit

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i was also thinking of you and feel you have been very brave and done the best for him.......he wont be stressed any more and hopefully you will eventually be able to remember the good times that you gave him...hugs for you both....

mattilda

Visit site
Good night God bless Muttley. Keep an eye on your Mum and Dad 'cos they miss you. Brave decision. He had a lovely life with you and you did your very best for him. Hugs J x

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Run Free Muttley x

And well done for showing him a lifetime of love and kindness he might otherwise never have known, as well as showing bravery and giving him dignity in death x

wyrdsister

Visit site
What a handsome chap and such a lovely tribute to him. Well done on making an incredibly hard decision. Sleep well, big lad.

Maisie2

Visit site
My first thought on reading your post was what a lucky dog Muttley was to have found such a lovely home for 8 years ! I think his life if you hadn't taken him in would have been much shorter and a lot more miserable. You have made the right decision and when you have had time to recover I am sure this will be a great consolation. Good luck with your move back to the UK, hope all goes well. btw did you pack your wellies :)