Sleep well Old Bat

Auslander

Visit site
My little herd lost a member yesterday :-(

Our little orange girl, who was 25, arthritic as hell, but still more than capable of causing havoc, had her last mad cavort round the field on Thursday. She was lame on Thursday evening, looking like she may be brewing an abscess, so we arranged for the farrier to come and have a dig around yesterday. Yesterday morning, it was obvious that there was more to it than an abscess. One of her already funky looking knees was looking even more funky, so we called the vet out, and he diagnosed a fracture of one of the bones in her knee.

She wasn't one for being stabled, and the prospect of lengthy box rest for a old retired horse who would have hated every minute of it wasn't a pleasant one, so the dear girl was PTS. Her owner was with her, and Alf stood next to her while she went, very peacefully, with a mouthful of grass.

All is very quiet and sad at the Senile Delinquents Home at the moment. Going to miss the old girl - chief escapee/fence trasher/mud monkey/mad old bag and all round menace. She was a character all right! RIP T...

1901420_10152383334055730_2729102665476755302_n.jpg

be positive

Visit site
You are really going to miss the fence trashing, escaping, mud monster with those amazing big ears especially with the others being so well behaved, or not, it was the right thing to do in the circumstances, box rest would have made the arthritis worse if she had even managed to heal what was probably already a weak arthritic bone.

RIP old girl.

Auslander

Visit site
Thanks guys. Im really sad - she's been with me for a year, and was very much part of the family, but it's her owner who I really feel for. She has owned T since she was a teenager, and T was a youngster. End of an era...

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Brought a tear to my eye as well. So sorry. She sounded a right old character, bless her. Right decision, but oh so hard to say goodbye to such an old favourite.RIP beautiful girl, go and trash some fences and rugs in horsey heaven, and if they have mud too, go roll in it! Sleep well x

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
That's a lovely picture of her, she looks so bright and alert. Glad she had a peaceful end at the right time for her. Sending condolences to you and her field mates and most of all to her owner. I'm sure she'll leave a big hole in the lives of everyone she met.
Sleep sweetly, old girl.

Auslander

Visit site
That's a lovely picture of her, she looks so bright and alert. Glad she had a peaceful end at the right time for her. Sending condolences to you and her field mates and most of all to her owner. I'm sure she'll leave a big hole in the lives of everyone she met.
Sleep sweetly, old girl.

She was bright and alert to the end - I tried to put her in a stable while we were waiting for the vet, and she made it very clear that being confined was not her preferred option! Seems bizarre that only last week I was pursuing her rocket propelled backside round the entire farm (cursing them both loudly!) after she and Spike had one of their periodic freestyling sessions!

Her field mates are very sad - not themselves at all :-(

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
My little herd lost a member yesterday :-(

Our little orange girl, who was 25, arthritic as hell, but still more than capable of causing havoc, had her last mad cavort round the field on Thursday. She was lame on Thursday evening, looking like she may be brewing an abscess, so we arranged for the farrier to come and have a dig around yesterday. Yesterday morning, it was obvious that there was more to it than an abscess. One of her already funky looking knees was looking even more funky, so we called the vet out, and he diagnosed a fracture of one of the bones in her knee.

She wasn't one for being stabled, and the prospect of lengthy box rest for a old retired horse who would have hated every minute of it wasn't a pleasant one, so the dear girl was PTS. Her owner was with her, and Alf stood next to her while she went, very peacefully, with a mouthful of grass.

All is very quiet and sad at the Senile Delinquents Home at the moment. Going to miss the old girl - chief escapee/fence trasher/mud monkey/mad old bag and all round menace. She was a character all right! RIP T...

1901420_10152383334055730_2729102665476755302_n.jpg

so Sorry Aussy

RIP beautyfull girl xxxx

Iownayetti

Visit site
R.I.P pretty girlie

A huge well done to her owners for making such a brave decision
Its so refreshing to know that there are responsible horsey owners out there .

Hugs to all x

Tobiano

Visit site
Bless her heart. Cannot imagine how sad the owners feel after having her so many years - but wonderful that she got to a lovely age still able to enjoy herself. Run free Old Bat x

PolarSkye

Visit site
What a sweet face . . . plus she has Kali ears and who couldn't love a GingerDonkey? Seriously, thoughts going out to you and her lovely owner . . . sleep well Tia.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Oh, and sending carrots and apples and "it's alright" scritches to the rest of the herd - bless 'em, they must miss her.

P

P.S. Off to edit some more . . .