Sleeping in a pickup for overnight stays?

Shizzle

Visit site
Imagine this... Camping with my Dad, brothers and partner in the middle of no where. We've all gone to bed in our respective swags and would have been drifting off. Suddenly, theres an awful thrashing sound coming from my Dad's swag, and he starts to bellow like a goat. Thinking we are being attacked by the South Paddock Axeman or some similar nightmare, we jump up to find he had had a creepy crawley bunkmate :p
No way. This would finish me off ???

Shizzle

Visit site
Google SUV pop up tent. Someone was having this discussion on another forum and these look fab, the one they were looking at was about £30 and fitted off the back
I've seen one that covers the tailgate but was quite expensive - £30 sounds ideal though ??

Shizzle

Visit site
Not in the current market you couldnt! Its gone crazy. Even the cost of vans has shot up as people are converting them into camper vans
I realised that after I posted, it's unreal isn't it? We got ours in March last year, just before the prices went crazy, we were so lucky!

jsprince

Visit site
I have done this with my Gsd and I’m 5ft 7. I have a rug bed on the floor of pickup so slightly softer than horrid plastic liner, I added a mattress from fold down bed a few sleeping bags to lay on and in. My pickup has sliding windows so lots of ventilation and I used battery powered lanterns, I even had iPad setup for entertainment. The only downside was the Gsd who decided he would break into my sweet stash because he is a little gannet.