Slightly late Hickstead update!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
We had an amazing week - winning cobs, maxis, riding horses, small hunters, coloureds, hacks and hunters. I think it was possibly our most successful ever show. At the end of the show we retired Silverstream, our HW hunter - whose best wins had come in the wonderful main ring at Hickstead. A true gentleman of a horse (thank goodness, as he stands around 18hh!) who will now retire to the hunting field - which is his favourite ever occupation :)

For me, it was only the second time I had sat on Dinger since July 2012 (and also since the two knee ops) - he was fab on the go round, did our individual show, and won the class :)

QUick change into the navy jacket, and into the main ring. He felt the best he had ever gone for me in the main ring - absolutely amazing. He was called in reserve - It is the most amazing ring to ride in and to gallop on the long side in front of the audience is a real privilege. After I had put him back on the lorry, I developed what appeared to be a virus driven migraine, which then lasted 3 days (knocked me for six and involved several dr appointments as I never get things like that!)

A few pics from our day at Hickstead (and, as ever, if anyone would like to vote for DInger as horse personality of the year, that would be lovely!) http://www.showingawards.co.uk/

In the main ring

Lap of honour after the class

Dinger looking angelic

During our individual show

JCWHITE

Visit site
Such a privileged to see him at HOYS when I last went.
(I dont go that often these days from France )
A living legend and these pictures are just as fab.

Happy retirement to Silverstream, another great horse for your Team.
I hope you feel better real soon.
JC

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thank you for your kind words - we are now getting ready for the next round of shows (Great Yorkshire and Hickstead are coming up soon which will be lots of fun!)

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
He looks as lovely as ever. Nice to hear about Silverstream going hunting. If you have any riding horses which ever want to go eventing... ;)

lex2501

Visit site
Wishing Silverstream a very happy retirement in the hunting field :)

And wow - what a beautiful animal Dinger is! Congratulations :D