Slow feeder nets

Chocs1908

New User
Visit site
What are opinions on slow feeders? I have to soak hay due to asthma. Tried trickle nets but think he struggles to get the soaked hay through the thick small holes. Also have a hay saver but doesn’t slow him
Down and can’t get to the bottom hay. Any suggestions please? Thankyou xx

Sugar12

Visit site
I have a really good doer who I really struggled with CPOD. My husband made a home made hay steamer which is brill no more soaking hay nets. its a plastic wheelie bin and a wallpapers steamer if you you tube, it comes up . super easy to make hay ends up smelling fab and you won't have the same issue pulling through the hay nets costs me less than €50 a number of my friends are now doing the same. Takes 3/4 of a small hay bale. 15/20 is how long I steam it and I have a timer switch which is a life saver as when I started I kept forgetting to turn it off and burned out the elements of the wall paper steamer.

However she ended up on box rest for 8 weeks last year and after 2 days her cough got really bad I was at my wits end. I saw an ad for a pacefeeder (it was second hand) and it is absolutely brilliant. She can eat away without getting frustrated by super small holes but has to work at pulling the hay out . a half bales does her a full 12 hours in the stable with very little waste. The don't come up often second hand I think I just got extremely lucky.