Smal lead rein/first ridden

Shay

Visit site
Pony Club. They're as scarce as hens teeth because families keep them on as pets. (I've still got mine...). But they do the rounds of the local PC Branch bouncing from one to another as the child grows. Call your local PC DC and speak to them. They don't tend to get advertised but pass by word of mouth. Also be prepared for a lot of questions about where and how it will be kept. The good ones (and in fairness the bad ones too!!) tend to be very much loved and with a lot of competition to take them the owners can afford to be choosy.

That said... my daughter started her riding career aged 4 as a show jockey for a local producer. (She could already ride - in as much as a child that age does.) We didn't get our own first ridden, who came from the pony club, until she was 6. So if you have a good local showing producer and the child is a competent rider than that too is a possible route!

MagicMelon

Visit site
As Shay says, PC is probably the best place. I think most ponies go via word of mouth, that's what I found anyway even from a buying point of view. I struggled to find one suitable for sale that wasn't a veteran, I think people hold onto good lead-reins for a long long time lending them out to friends etc.!

Shay

Visit site
Try to sell her through the local pony club? Most branches have more queries for these than ponies to spare. I know we do.

michelledud

Visit site
There are some Facebook groups you could join...

Pony club ponies for sale and wanted

Welsh Section As

Show Horses and Ponies -chatter and sale

Or find ones local to yourself using the search function. There seems to be lots of horse/pony loaning/sales activity through Facebook these days x