Small Box

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Hi am thinking of getting a small box for the Summer.

Looking at both the VW LT35, know they are usually very old mind, and also the Ford Transit ones.

Anyone have any info review on either of these, regular box on back or Ifor ones on back.

Thank you

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
We have an old (m reg) vw lt35. We bought it knowing that the suspension needed some work which has just been done so haven't been out and about much yet. I prefer to get one where I can see the work needed cos then you know it's done right, rather than one that has had lots if bits done but by who knows who.

However we chose it over a transit type for our 14.2 pony as the transit ones we saw were just so high up even at he base that the ramp was very very steep and also I wasn't comfortable from a centre of gravity perspective when cornering (we drive slowly and carefully but still). So far we have mainly used the lt35 for collecting hay on hour round trips (btw it takes about 40 ish bales to remain within the weight limit) and it drove fantastically, very smooth and easy drive.

We didn't go for a Renault master type because they are very low slung and FWD which is great for loading but would not cope with our remote very potholed track and the muddy fields we have to park in at events.

I think the lt35 is a little bit bigger too than the transit types usually are, ours has a little area with a bench seat/ locker plus a Luton over the cab. I wouldn't want any more living cos of the weight.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Mmmm not sure. If its a light pony who loads well and you drive slow maybe, cos like the transit ones which are mainly Ifor bodies plonked on top, it would be pretty high up and narrow so pony would have to go up steep ramp and probably back out again. Our lt35 is side loading a bit lower and pony can come out forward, not sure mine would back out down the steep ramp.

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Yea was thinking of a VW LT35 lorry, with the Ifor body on it
rear loading with front unloading, ya ever seen one of those ?