Small DIY livery yard/private yard in Chester - help please!

louiseandbeast

New User
Visit site
I'm about to lose my current grass livery as the fields are due to be sold, and need to move my 4 year old mare. She's well behaved but is a bit of a wuss as she's very inexperienced with new situations, so I'm trying to find somewhere smallish and quiet to keep her.

So far the places I can find nearby (I live in Upton) are Home Farm and Collinge Farm in Backford, and Holme Farm in Mickle Trafford, but they're all quite big. Three Elms and Four Oaks are slightly further than I'd like to travel, in an ideal world!

I've checked the Cheshire Horse directory but couldn't see any others, and I don't know many horsey people so I'm struggling for ideas! Does anyone know anywhere else, either small livery yards or semi-private places, that could be suitable? She'd be happiest with 24/7 turnout in the Summer, and daily turnout in Winter, and some basic facilities such as an outdoor school.

Please PM me if you can help :)

louiseandbeast

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion - Tile Farm looks lovely but I've heard that it doesn't have guaranteed daily grazing in the Winter. My horse has always lived out so I don't think she'll cope well without it!

webble

Visit site
I have heard that too. I think you are restricting yourself a bit with the distance you will travel as there aren't that many yards near you. What about brown heath in Christleton? There is Tottip in Barrow and Barrow equestrian Centre if it's still going but they might be further than you want to travel too

Last edited:

louiseandbeast

New User
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that I am restricting too much. Thanks for the suggestion of Brown Heath, I had excluded it as I've had a fear of the Sainsbury's roundabout ever since someone crashed into my car on it! I've just had a look and I could avoid that roundabout, and it does look ideal :)