Small holed hay nets and chopped oat straw - recommendations

Marnie

Visit site
Help wanted - I'm looking for recommendations...

I am looking for the smallest holed hay nets for feeding haylage, does anyone have any recommendations?

I am also feeding chopped oat straw and have tried the Top Spec Zero but both my cob and pony are turning up their noses. Can anyone recommend and different varieties that are fairly easy to get hold of?

Any recommendations will be gratefully received :)

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Nibbleze haynets are what I use. They are knotless so better for their teeth and really hard wearing.

For chaff, I've recently swapped from Thunderbrooks to Honey Chop. They do a plain oat chaff but I feed their Lite & Healthy which is oat based with timothy hay and herbs mixed in so it's a bit tastier.

be positive

Visit site
I started mine on top chop zero by mixing t with some happy hoof, gradually changing the balance until she now gets through the plain straw overnight with nothing added, she would not have eaten it on its own to start with but has now accepted it is all she gets once the hay has gone, it takes a while for them to get used to less tasty food and if it is weight loss you want you need to stick with it, anything too tasty will just get eaten quickly and defeats the object of trickle feeding, if you don't want weight loss I would just feed a bit more in the net rather than a tastier chop.