Small Hunter Or Riding Horse Showing People please help???

seaview

Visit site
hi everyone I had my horse out at his first show at the weekend I put him in the Small hunter Class and he was an extremely good boy and won his class, however I am unsure as to whether he would be a small hunter or a small riding horse, can anyone help??
I know he needs more weight on but I am doing that gradually
smile.gif

http://snap35.photobox.co.uk/84621493439a273b8ab87b49def1d96caa9b79ed9cd7a47c6395475b.jpg

Nat
x

moodymare1987

Visit site
Ooh hes lovely I would defo say small hunter as you did so well in it, You could just try riding horse looks a lovely sort, that is my type of horse love chestnuts.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
He's lovely, but I am also not sure! In England small hunters are anything from LW cobs types with iinsufficient bone for the cobs, and small riding horses that don't really move well enough to be a small riding hrose!"

My small hunter is a small MW hunter which is what the old fashioned small hunters were meant to look like. The fashion is going towards a slightly lighter build now though. So although your horse isn't the old fashioned type, he may fall into the lighter category.

There - that really helped you, didn't it!

Well done for winning the class, and perhaps do both - you won't be the first!

seaview

Visit site
Thanks FMM I am exactly the same! I suppose it will depend just on what the judge prefers at the end of the day! He has a very 'posey' movement and it was that that made me think possibly Riding horse?? but then he has enough bone?? AGhhhhh!!!!

he in entered for smalls on sat and Intermediate SH, what I could do is do Smalls and then possibly Intermediate SRT? and see how thinsg pan out??

S Reynolds is the ride Judge for both the smalls and the Riding Horses with Natalie Moore (strangely my maiden name lol) as confirmation, I think I will maybe ask them? Possibly after the class what do you think, depending on how he goes?

Natalie
x

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
They are fantastic people to ask (they produced LW cob Casanova to win for the past 2 years at HOYS) and have had some lovely small hunters. Nat is lovely and would be more than happy for you to talk to her after the class.

seaview

Visit site
Brilliant thank you!
Does it look extremely ignorant though if I ask just straight after? I am always scared people think I am going to complain lol!

Any tips re weight? I have him on Calm and Condition, alfalfa oil and SB I am also boiling linseed for him! (boys in work not impressed with the smell) LOL!

x

mickey

Visit site
Personally I think he looks more of a riding horse. And show hunter I think would be more suitable than hunter - Looks pretty and not so workmanlike/heavy/hunter like IMO. But I would definitely ask he experts - the judges. Have fun.