Small or Big Yard......!!!!

ihatework

Visit site
Small yard of 5 stables and 5 acres. Owned by a friend, she has her 1 horse and I have my 2, thats it!
Works well as she is lovely and easy going, I'm self sufficient so don't put silly demands on her, and we are there to cover each other if needs be.
Last week she was ill so I did her horse, next week I'm travelling with work so she's doing my 2
smile.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Well I keep mine at college so theres over 100 horses stabled on site split between 4 yards. On my yard it's split into 2 halves (under one big barn). Theres 24 stables in all, 12 each side. On the side I'm on we have a right laugh! We all muck in and help each other out and we get on so well, I wouldn't change it for the world. The major downside is that we have 2 schools (3 when it's light) between over 50 student liveries so I end up either riding when I have a free period or if I have a half day I'll ride in the afternoon otherwise I'll ride late when there is a school free or one with minimal people in it. After being on a small yard then coming here both have their upsides but I love it being on a big yard, if ever your stuck, need help, need an opinion on something theres always somebody there who's more than willing to help out
laugh.gif

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
i'm in a large yard (about 50+) but we all keep ourselves to ourselves and help each other out, no bitchyness/groupies it's great !

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I rent a yard with just my friend, so there's just our four horses. It is fab, no arguments over who's using the school or people nicking your stuff.

I have kept horses on large yards in the past, one where I used to work had 40+ horses on - some riding school, some livery. Socially it was lots of fun and a great laugh but, especially in the winter, I'd spend more time chatting with everyone and gossiping once work was over than actually riding my own. Plus you'd have to wait until evening lessons finished before you could get in the indoor school, which could get really late.