Small Rider, Big Horse?

jenbleep

Visit site
It's not just you
blush.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
think the said horse is, eerrrm, quite round and deep so takes up the leg quite a bit, not helping the 'illusion and whole picture' i guess.

only_me

Visit site
I think it is a very true to type small hunter (which is meant to be a mini MW)

but i agree, it does seem rather large for a 15.2
crazy.gif

Decision_Tree

Visit site
I know the girl on said horse - she doesnt have alot of legs! She does alot of showing sucessfully up here and the horse will be of that height - i doubt she would advertise incorrectly esp as a large hunter would be worth more. its just she is little for him.

kirstyfk

Visit site
It wouldn't be worth more money as a hunter as its too small. From my minimal participation in showing I have seen many horses/ponies that if measured would be measured out. My old horse was bang on 15hh and would often be the smallest class when we did workers. I keep looking at the picture and then looking at a picture of me on a horse which is 15.3hh and I am short but must be giant next to this girl.

ETS its a nice stamp of a horse.

Decision_Tree

Visit site
I think u need to consider the depth of the horse too. My horse makes me look little and I am 5'7 as he - like the horse in the ad - is a MW hunter.

A larger (over 15.2) would be worth more due to the ability to get the stride when jumping and also would be able to carry a man.

siennamum

Visit site
My small hunter is a big 15.2 but looks small in a small hunter class. Can't really comment on this horse, he does take the leg, the rider may be small but he does look big.
I don't think you can say that a horse is worth less as a 15.2 when it would be eligible for a range of Intermediate classes as well as small hunter. At 15.3 a small hunter type is a pointless beast really, only really suitable as a worker, but too small to be competitive unless outstanding, too chunky to be a riding horse and too small to be a show hunter or midleweight. So there definitely is a financial reason for ensuring the horse stays under 15.2 - it will be worth far more as a show horse.

Decision_Tree

Visit site
What I meant by the worth of the horse etc was to clear up that if someone as experienced and sucessful as kirty shows it as a small hunter - it is one. And clearly it has done very well.
if it was a large hunter she would show it as such or as a straight worker.

And I agree with Measels - Kirsty is small.

If you are interested in the horse to show as a small hunter / worker and a great all rounder - im sure it would be a good buy. Looks in fantastic nic.

fornema

Visit site
I probably look the same size as that on my 15.2hh grey in the sig and im 5'4'' so i doubt shes that small

MegaBeast

Visit site
Rider is clearly tiny... look how little leg there is visible between the top of her boot and bottom of jacket. Creates an optical illusion

Edited because I clearly cannot spell!